High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Wood ID Thread ( or name this wood type )

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heavy or light wood does it cut fast or slow?
Heavy enough. I had more saw than I needed chain was in real good shape. So it cut well as most anything green like that. As far as splitting it I did get the job done , was work hard work. I wanna believe it’s black gum. I let the wood freeze and beat on it till it cracked with a maul. Then went back with a good sharp 4 pound axe . I’m definitely no Paul Bunyan. I had to make it a few separate attempts to get it busted. I’m 31 and in pretty fit shape. I don’t have a splitter that’s worth a quarter

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm. Thanks for the link. Not sure if I have seen any in my area or not. Lol

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heavy enough. I had more saw than I needed chain was in real good shape. So it cut well as most anything green like that. As far as splitting it I did get the job done , was work hard work. I wanna believe it’s black gum. I let the wood freeze and beat on it till it cracked with a maul. Then went back with a good sharp 4 pound axe . I’m definitely no Paul Bunyan. I had to make it a few separate attempts to get it busted. I’m 31 and in pretty fit shape. I don’t have a splitter that’s worth a quarter

You outa try a maple handle on it :):)

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ha ha so that was the culprit that broke that sucka
Yes sir. That was it. Wasn’t a mishit. The handle was in the crack I was trying to get opened up. Mean stuff. Lol. But yeah maple makes a poor handle. Or at least the variety of maple I tried

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir. That was it. Wasn’t a mishit. The handle was in the crack I was trying to get opened up. Mean stuff. Lol. But yeah maple makes a poor handle. Or at least the variety of maple I tried
That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chaded

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ughh......Im going to go with maple! If its not that then my old standby answer of oak!