Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Wilhelm. :)
I thought this thread might work nicely along side your 6xx 7xx thread as well as tempt you further to the smaller end.
Yea...that is a FUBAR cylinder from a customer who let the saw ingest a little something !!
That is not "my" thread, it is @huskyboy 's thread! ;)
But I feel right at home in it. :)

I have three 40cc saws, that's enough small saw for me. :D

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The good news is, when you order a replacement carb you find that the limiters don't actually limit anything. I can tune mine as rich or lean as I like with the limiters intact. I suspect this was Zama giving EPA the finger.

Love my 5105, everybody who has tried it loves it too. I have to admit, the Dolkita EA-5600 looks pretty sweet even though it has the wrong name on it.
I think that was all a bit of a shame for the company and the folks who bought the early saw with that carb on it . I assume your replacement isn't the C1Q DM20 carb .

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
limiters on replacement carbs are in service position.
you set the l/h screws and then push them in.
now they are locked and working.
Is that the C1Q DM13b carb your talking about ? Have just put one of those on a 5105 for a friend who was not so happy with his DM20.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That is not "my" thread, it is @huskyboy 's thread! ;)
But I feel right at home in it. :)

I have three 40cc saws, that's enough small saw for me. :D
Sorry Mason .. @huskyboy , credit where credit is due .
No sorry Wilhelm, until you have a ps 32 you just don't have enough Dolmars ;)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I only have a few negatives to add on these saws, first the carbs are hard to get enough fuel to the saw when ported and there are no other carb options and second the spring that holds the intake boot on, not my favorite setup and ingueeI last is that the new versions are made in China, not a fan of there quality control there. Just giving my 2 cents, I still own a 421 2.2 kw made in Germany just like T Rollers that has the muffler gutted, and a ported 5105 that t4driller ported, it's back at his house for some carburetor love, but those who have ran it say it will more then hold his own against other 50cc saws, I haven't been lucky enough to try it myself yet though, but I hope to soon

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
limiters on replacement carbs are in service position.
you set the l/h screws and then push them in.
now they are locked and working.

Well, I 'spose mine will just have to remain in the service position! To their credit, the glued in place OEM carb was tuned quite well. The saw ran great and the plug had a nice coffee brown color. I just think it's good to have options.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the C1Q DM13b carb your talking about ? Have just put one of those on a 5105 for a friend who was not so happy with his DM20.

I'm pretty sure that is the one. I ordered it from a Zama dealer using the Zama part number, cost less than half as much as one with the Dolmar part number and the exact same part.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I only have a few negatives to add on these saws, first the carbs are hard to get enough fuel to the saw when ported and there are no other carb options and second the spring that holds the intake boot on, not my favorite setup and ingueeI last is that the new versions are made in China, not a fan of there quality control there. Just giving my 2 cents, I still own a 421 2.2 kw made in Germany just like T Rollers that has the muffler gutted, and a ported 5105 that t4driller ported, it's back at his house for some carburetor love, but those who have ran it say it will more then hold his own against other 50cc saws, I haven't been lucky enough to try it myself yet though, but I hope to soon
Hi Dustin. Yea, got to speak as you find.
A Cat delete is as far as I have been involved with so the flow on the carb has never been a issue for me along with the quality of build.
There is a Walbro WTE 6 carb for the 420 /421 but as it was used on the 2.0 kw early saws it might be the reason they went to the DM23 and gained .2 kw..dunno for sure.
The ps 420/421 is the odd one without a spring clip on the carb boot at all ...seems odd doesn't it ! but Iv not had any leak and i do fit a new one if i have the saw apart .
The green intake /impulse block on the 5105 can suffer some damage if installed poorly plus the impulse line on a few saws iv worked on seemed to become slack on the impulse barb with age/contamination.
Mufflers !!! the 420/421 and the ps-35 are so quick to do but the p3-32 and the 5105 (particularly the 5105 ) take a lot more . Swapping back to the early non cat muffler is always a option but i like the lower profile one myself.

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is the one. I ordered it from a Zama dealer using the Zama part number, cost less than half as much as one with the Dolmar part number and the exact same part.
If it has a H-L that take a straight screwdriver then its not a DM20. They have ...
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 09.40.41.png