Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kicked out on a 40 foot pole .Got one hook back in, belt up under my arms and the other clawing the air .My head hit my right foot then the pole .I could predict the weather for about 5-6 years after that .My right knee has never been the same since . I was 34 then now I'm 71

40' don't sound that high......till you get up there.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was on a 300 foot tower once ,long climb ,nice view .It's a mind game .A 30 foot fall will kill you just as dead as a 300 .We had a guy on the job in my crew I was foreman of fall no more than 18 feet and cracked his head like a ripe melon . He didn't make it .That really sucked .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I was superman at one time until it dawned on me I wasn't .Yet still last summer when I retired at 70 years old I was the oldest certified "free climber " in all of Ford Motor Company power train division .--I miss it like a tooth ache -----

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that ms 361 showed up and it’s the coil I’m sure, no broken wires cleaned and gapped flywheel and the coil. Pull over it has very faint spark tried 3 different plugs. I don’t think he’s spending 175-200 to revive this saw so what are everybody’s thought on the China coil for it? Don’t want to be changing it every 6 months so if that’s haw they are I won’t bother

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all! Fairly new guy, within a week anyways, so I figured I'd show what I got! I was going to do a formal introduction thread, but went fairly in depth about me and my firewood and chainsaw addictions in other threads. So I'm just going to jump in feet first! Lol!

Here's my 3 Stihl's. One is a 660 with a muffler mod and a 36" bar and full comp Stihl chain. The other two are 461's with muffler mods. One has a 28" Stihl bar, with Stihl full comp chain, and the other has a 32" Oregon LW, with Oregon JGX chain.

DSCF0195.JPG DSCF0196.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pictures fellas. I'm no photographer, not that it isn't obvious :)

Attachments

• DSCF0197.JPG
    DSCF0197.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0198.JPG
    DSCF0198.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0199.JPG
    DSCF0199.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 27

gyp69

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey all! Fairly new guy, within a week anyways, so I figured I'd show what I got! I was going to do a formal introduction thread, but went fairly in depth about me and my firewood and chainsaw addictions in other threads. So I'm just going to jump in feet first! Lol!

Here's my 3 Stihl's. One is a 660 with a muffler mod and a 36" bar and full comp Stihl chain. The other two are 461's with muffler mods. One has a 28" Stihl bar, with Stihl full comp chain, and the other has a 32" Oregon LW, with Oregon JGX chain.

View attachment 196919 View attachment 196920

Sorry for the crappy pictures fellas. I'm no photographer, not that it isn't obvious :)
Nice little stable of Stihls you have there, throw some maxflows on those babies with the muffler mods you already have and they really come alive!

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 196919 View attachment 196920

welcome to the madhouse

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice little stable of Stihls you have there, throw some maxflows on those babies with the muffler mods you already have and they really come alive!

Thankya Sir! That's good to hear, because that is the plan! I read somewhere it really helps on the 660's, more-so than the 461's but I figured I'd just do it with all 3. I also plan on getting full wraps on the 2 461's.

gyp69

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I kinda like that big blocky filter cover or no cover in the right conditions. I was all over W Ks in the early nineties looking down a peterbilt hood with a 53 ft cattle pot following me hauling feeders & fats, also chasing pheasants & quail. This is a good time of yr to be in W Ks.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kinda like that big blocky filter cover or no cover in the right conditions. I was all over W Ks in the early nineties looking down a peterbilt hood with a 53 ft cattle pot following me hauling feeders & fats, also chasing pheasants & quail. This is a good time of yr to be in W Ks.

Hunting season is fast approaching! Pheasants are finally coming back a bit. It got pretty tough for quite a few years due to the drought, but hopefully things have turned back around. Today is a beautiful 75 degrees with a 10-15 mph breeze, with a bit more humidity than I like, but at least it's cooler, so it's not too bad.

gyp69

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hear ya, yeah I meant fall is a good time not necessarily August lol,I should’ve been more specific. If your going to outfit your 461’s with true full wraps just a heads up Ron Weber (Weber Customs) in Montana is currently out of stock.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear ya, yeah I meant fall is a good time not necessarily August lol,I should’ve been more specific. If your going to outfit your 461’s with true full wraps just a heads up Ron Weber (Weber Customs) in Montana is currently out of stock.

I figured fall is what you meant, since you mentioned pheasants and quail. I only mentioned the temperature today, because it's the first day it's really starting to feel like fall, even though it's still summer.

That would be the place I planned on going through! That's fine he's out at the moment, I just picked up another 660, and 2 Super Pro 60's, so I've spent my limit this week. Lol!

gyp69

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I figured fall is what you meant, since you mentioned pheasants and quail. I only mentioned the temperature today, because it's the first day it's really starting to feel like fall, even though it's still summer.

That would be the place I planned on going through! That's fine he's out at the moment, I just picked up another 660, and 2 Super Pro 60's, so I've spent my limit this week. Lol!
I’m envious of your 660’s I let mine slip away, nice 066 on here now! Good guy selling it as well.I spent my limit as well (last year) unfortunately .

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m envious of your 660’s I let mine slip away, nice 066 on here now! Good guy selling it as well.I spent my limit as well (last year) unfortunately .

Thanks, I sure like 'em! I don't use my first 660 a whole lot, but when I need that extra grunt, the one I have sure fills that role well. I'm also weird about having doubles of things. Lol! I just like setting them up a little different. One 660 has full comp 36" bar and chain and this new one will have 36" bar and skip tooth for the cottonwoods.

I somehow missed that there was a classified section on this site! That's good to know!

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that ms 361 showed up and it’s the coil I’m sure, no broken wires cleaned and gapped flywheel and the coil. Pull over it has very faint spark tried 3 different plugs. I don’t think he’s spending 175-200 to revive this saw so what are everybody’s thought on the China coil for it? Don’t want to be changing it every 6 months so if that’s haw they are I won’t bother
I just put one on dad's ms311
Great spark , he's used it 3 times , says it's better than it was new

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk