High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No problem. Let me know if you'd like a kit.
Let me know if you want some new parts for that 042-048 saw. Should still be able to get the essentials for running it. I used to run one commercially for work my first few months doing trees quite a while back. Could not afford a new 660 or find a good one at the time. Did an ignition swap after killing all the ones I had in electronic ignition. Kept the original flywheel.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wouldn't have any of those that unobtainium bearings for the 042/48, would ya?
No.
I need two myself for a bottom end.
Been too lazy to pull them off and go to the the bearing house and fit up a few. Plus no good spot to build till winter or late fall.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought the pto side (20x42x18 with the seal recess) were proprietary with no off the shelf replacement available.
The f/w side is just a 6202.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is but needs to be updated to a "buy-able" part. If it can be done I will offer them up for sale. Bench, time and money will cure that problem.
Have an 041 electronic and points type sitting that need ignition updates. That should be a popular upgrade for many owners that have one shelved.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stick with points on the older 041's. Simpler, easier, and spark you can weld with. LOL

Usually just dirty points when there's a problem. Revived two 041AV's with no spark just yesterday. Points needed cleaned and polished. Can still get new OEM points and condensers if needed. Tons of old coils and condensers out there that are mostly good from saws with bad points..., which are mostly salvageable, too.

If you have a flywheel hub cam tool you're good to go for setting the points without having to fart around with the slots in the flywheel for access..., which is ridiculous in the first place.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I remember correctly on the 042 and 048 that pto side bearing is also ground on the inner race ,crank shaft side to mate up with the radised junction of the shaft and the stub end .I have one that might be good which is on a crankcase portion of an 042 parts saw and one new seal .I also have one 048 with a leaky seal .So until I work on it I'm unsure of the bearing condition .--one of the ever increasing jobs to do list .

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad's ms311 has been a pita ever since it was new , took it to shop several times, Sunday it quit again , no fire ,, i disconnected kill wire on coil,,, still no fire,,,, cranked it again, it fired ,,, damn coil all this time...

Sthil coil 100 bucks
Coil off Amazon 30 bucks....

He said try Amazon coil..sthil one never was right anyway

LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the fuel line you have to use an aftermarket part if availible. The original one is NLA.

Fuel pickup body would be: 0000 350 3500
Carburetor repair kit for Walbro WS-25: K10-WS

So I installed the new aftermarket fuel line and stihl fuel filter.

I installed the carb kit, but not 100% if i did it correctly. On the pump side there was an aluminum plate with a gasket stuck to it. Also looked like it was maybe made of cork? Does this sound right? I scraped the gunk off the aluminum plate and installed the gaskets and diaphrams in the order which made sende...but i am wondering if i need the aluminum plate or what?

Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately i did not take any pictures. :-(