STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. What Mike was saying is the flat rubber end of that intake boot has to be pulled through the hole toward the carburetor, then the bushing goes inside the hole and the carb mounts to the flat rubber.
If you wrap a piece of string around the flat rubber end of the boot, it will make pulling that through the small hole much easier. Loop the string around the flap and through the hole, then gently pull the string through guiding the flap around so it fits flat and flush. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I've got a picture of the procedure some place .The question is which hard drive????

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a post on another forum of rebuilding a Stihl 200t .The danged thing was on two hard drives, now on a 2 t b Blackwell remote .There's got to be a thousand pictures or more .I'll find it eventually .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's all good. I got the saw back together not problem when I got home from work with no extra parts. Just in time for Dad to come by and decide he wants to do something unrelated to saws so I have to oblige. It's all good though, as I get older I realize how fortunate I am to still have both parents alive and in decent shape.

Spealking of the MS200 series, do those have platinum internals and jewel encrusted recoils or something? Our local Stihl dealer charges $639.95 for the MS201T, exactly $10.00 more than the latest and greatest MS261 C-M.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the 020/200T they were always costly and I imagine keeping with that the 201 would follow in .The former fetch about 250-300 around here if you can find them and I know some who hoard them simply because they prefer them over the 201 .I have 2 myself ,one freebie and one I paid a whole 20 dollars for but then again I'm a cheap skate and never denied that fact .< that's all about being in the right place at the right time .

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Nothing wrong with that Al

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
201 is a "fresh air" transfer .After Stihl had so many complaints they came out with a revised "soup up " kit .Evidently later models were much improved .I do know however the local trimmers who bought them were less than impressed over the prior 200T model .
I have operated a 441 which also uses the type of transfer and liked the prior 440 over it .I've never operated a 661 but have a 660 which in stock form could not hold a candle to the prior 066.It's not an old school mind set just facts .