STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an 028WB in the shed ,bone stock .It needs a little enhancement . On the to do list which is rather long at the moment . I've seen these things after they've been tweeked a tad bit and they do okay .It's one of those models just about nobody puts the soup to .
A couple of these things showed up near Meadville Pa a few years back and were impressive .The most I'd ever seen at one gathering .As well did 4 or 5 Partner p-100's also the most I'd ever seen in one place of that model .Probably a regional thing with popularity .

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the 382 bound to replace the 441? Looks to be the same saw as far as power, cc, and weight us concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't even know the 381 existed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should be the on/off switch for the heated handle. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice saws, and Welcome to the site.
Could use some help. This clutch is on an 076 which I have for sale. When I in engauge the chain brake it works perfect but once I release the brake the clutch won't reengage. Can anyone give me a tip as to what my problem might be?image.jpg

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could use some help. This clutch is on an 076 which I have for sale. When I in engauge the chain brake it works perfect but once I release the brake the clutch won't reengage. Can anyone give me a tip as to what my problem might be?View attachment 83132

Never seen a clutch like that on any of those series.
I'd have to take it apart and see what makes it work.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First time poppin' into the Stihl thread over here for an issue I'm having with my flat top 066. Love this saw. Rebuilt it with pieces and parts over the course of three years after rescuing it as a nasty carcass from a flooded basement. It flat out screams and usually runs better than I ever figured it would, except...

Every now and again after I've been cutting for a while and it's nice and warmed up it'll act like the timing has become way advanced after a shutdown when I try to restart..., as in wants to yank my arm off when I try to pull it over if I can even pull it over.
Almost acts like it's bound up or has developed ungodly compression from somewhere but will pull over fine if I just go slowly as opposed to pulling it like I'm starting it.

Coil hasn't moved. Gap is good. Flywheel key is intact. All that stuff seems to be in order. Really has me scratching my head when it happens and usually means the end of cutting with it for the day. Try it the next day and it pulls over and starts normally and may or may not exhibit the problem in essentially the same cutting conditions as the day before.

My theory is that just enough fuel is somehow pooling in the case/cylinder and creating ridiculous compression. but if I pull the plug and pull it over I don't get the usual spew out the plug hole like I should if it was flooded. The plug isn't saturated either.
The one thing I haven't tried yet is to pull the plug wire to see if it still happens with no spark. If it does, I could rule out any timing peculiarities. I've also considered hydro-lock as a possibility but always thought that was more of a tank/carb/fuel delivery issue.

TIA for any input.