Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What he said!

7910 prices have reached 9010 pricing in Europe/Germany, it's insane!

Yeah so true Wilhelm
I can sell a Makita EA7900 with 20%vat tax the same price as a Dolmar Ps-7910
Before tax crazy

No kidding. I ordered a Maruyama MCV 51 from the US. Paid shipping and still got it $100+ cheaper than I can find one in Greece.

I may bring that big Makita home if it is still sitting there on April 1st. I really don't have a use for it, but you never know. I may hold it and resell it later, if someone is interested. Gotta watch my budget for now. I've bought three saws since New Years and I'm supposed to be saving cash for a replacement boat engine. I love having CAD, but it gets expensive!!!!

Either of you guys have a good website in the EU to order a 24" aftermarket bar for my 7910? I'm not having too much luck locally. I'm looking for a Sugi, Tsumura, or something at that level of quality.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grube.at has a lot chainsaw bars. No experience with them but a lot happy customers on German sites.
I got my Iggesund Forest R2 bar from them!

If it doesn't have to be a high tech lightweight bar grant the R2 a look.
Solid steel, nicely priced for lengths over 20".

Summer last year, oak butt just over 40" long noodle action, Dolmar PS-7900 & 36" Iggesund Forest combo, bar fully buried:
Dolmar PS-7900 Iggesund Forest - 31.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 Iggesund Forest - 32.JPG

The large US type 2 spikes give this combo a hairline balance act:
Dolmar PS-7900 Iggesund Forest - 41.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 Iggesund Forest - 42.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 Iggesund Forest - 43.JPG

I have wished for a couple more Iggesund Forest R2 bar in different lengths many times, they look great and feel really good.
But I have not enough saw run time to wear out the bars that I already own making investments in more bars a futile exercise.

EDIT/P.S.:
https://www.grube.de/forst/holzernte/motorsaegen-und-zubehoer/schwerter/

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Roost426

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone have part numbers or know if a Makita 7901 starter decal and a Makita clutch cover decal are available anywhere having a tough time finding any.

Roost426

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A family friend gave me a makita dcs520i awhile ago they didn't know much about it except it was their fathers at one time and had been sitting around for quite some time. Finally got around to messing with it today, put a spark plug in since it didn't have one and some fresh mix, after about 10 pulls it fired up and sounds pretty damn good actually. It is leaking fuel somewhere though and some bar oil was oozing out, but it seems worthy of putting a bit of effort into! Anyone know much about these guys? What is its red dolmar sibling?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A family friend gave me a makita dcs520i awhile ago they didn't know much about it except it was their fathers at one time and had been sitting around for quite some time. Finally got around to messing with it today, put a spark plug in since it didn't have one and some fresh mix, after about 10 pulls it fired up and sounds pretty damn good actually. It is leaking fuel somewhere though and some bar oil was oozing out, but it seems worthy of putting a bit of effort into! Anyone know much about these guys? What is its red dolmar sibling?
The Makita 520 would be a Dolmar 111.
52cc open port of about 3.3hp and aprox 12500 rpm max. The Dolmar 115 is the same cc but closed port and aprox 3.75hp with 13000 rpm max.