High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Saw should be in new owners hands this evening. Needed another 60cc like a hole in the head. Went to a guy I know that collects sachs and older echos.

roy wilson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_7642.jpg IMG_7637.jpg IMG_7631.jpg IMG_7627.jpg IMG_7626.jpg Got a real nice find , was in my local industrial premises which is a husky dealer also and garden .agricultural stuff and by chance a guy was chatting to staff at the counter and he had a damaged Makita DCS6400 and the costs were high to repair and service apparently so he bought a bigger husky instead , after he went I talked to the guy at counter as i do go in there a lot for stuff and asked him about the saw , he said its getting scrapped so i asked , well can i have it , to see whats wrong , as I do play a lot with my 8 saws , strip / rebuild/modify/port all for fun , anyhow I got the saw for free , took it apart and cleaned it up and only a couple of things wrong, the brake handle was broken and the chain and bar were wrecked due to neglect :) piston and cyl were like new no marks on anything , still hone marks on the cyl , even the sprocket is barely worn lol , oil pump and strainer was fine ,airfilter, fuel line and filter fine, spark plug like new very few marks on the saw so i think its done very little work anyhow researched a bit into mods and got the NWP 85cc top end and opened up the exhaust inside and may add another exit to it but not for now , did some work on it , lowered the transfers widened the exhaust widened the base transfers and removed material in the cyl wall to smooth out the flow as its real narrow on the transfers on the big cyl kits as they are closed cyl as the original is open cyl , did base gasket delete and got the squish to 24 thou , fitted a caber ring as they are better than AM stuff , have ordered a HD filter kit and black front cover and a new chain brake as white looks not nice for me , so here are pics of my junkpile saw :)

Last edited:

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 96697 View attachment 96698 View attachment 96699 View attachment 96700 View attachment 96701 Got a real nice find , was in my local industrial premises which is a husky dealer also and garden .agricultural stuff and by chance a guy was chatting to staff at the counter and he had a damaged Makita DCS6400 and the costs were high to repair and service apparently so he bought a bigger husky instead , after he went I talked to the guy at counter as i do go in there a lot for stuff and asked him about the saw , he said its getting scrapped so i asked , well can i have it , to see whats wrong , as I do play a lot with my 8 saws , strip / rebuild/modify/port all for fun , anyhow I got the saw for free , took it apart and cleaned it up and only a couple of things wrong, the brake handle was broken and the chain and bar were wrecked due to neglect :) piston and cyl were like new no marks on anything , still hone marks on the cyl , even the sprocket is barely worn lol , oil pump and strainer was fine ,airfilter, fuel line and filter fine, spark plug like new very few marks on the saw so i think its done very little work anyhow researched a bit into mods and got the NWP 85cc top end and opened up the exhaust inside and may add another exit to it but not for now , did some work on it , lowered the transfers widened the exhaust widened the base transfers and removed material in the cyl wall to smooth out the flow as its real narrow on the transfers on the big cyl kits as they are closed cyl as the original is open cyl , did base gasket delete and got the squish to 24 thou , fitted a caber ring as they are better than AM stuff , have ordered a HD filter kit and black front cover and a new chain brake as white looks not nice for me , so here are pics of my junkpile saw :)
You suck.:D

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You suck.:D

Thanks. Last time I chatted with you you cost me a pile of money. lol I bought 2 Maruyama MCV 51 off Amazon after you told me about them. My wife is still mad at you. lol I just ordered all my oem big bore parts from @fordf150. Good price, not much more than crappy after market. My Christmas present to me.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good rare find Simon I seen a brochure nearly years ago and I think it was a anniversary edition around 1987?? There was a collaboration with a Whisky company if I remember rightly as at the time I was getting a new 115 I already had a 117 and I wanted a white one but there was only three or four saws for sale In white and they where smaller saws ??? I think

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good rare find Simon I seen a brochure nearly years ago and I think it was a anniversary edition around 1987?? There was a collaboration with a Whisky company if I remember rightly as at the time I was getting a new 115 I already had a 117 and I wanted a white one but there was only three or four saws for sale In white and they where smaller saws ??? I think
That makes sense Yr wise Andrew due to the single pivot point brake flag.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. Last time I chatted with you you cost me a pile of money. lol I bought 2 Maruyama MCV 51 off Amazon after you told me about them. My wife is still mad at you. lol I just ordered all my oem big bore parts from @fordf150. Good price, not much more than crappy after market. My Christmas present to me.

My wife doesn't ask me about OPE and shooting stuff that gets delivered to our house and I don't ask her about vintage jewelry that shows up with equal frequency.