ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the photo shoot, Carlton Speed Tip 24"! :)

Main work B&C setup will be 3/8" chisel full comp 20".
That's what they all wear most of the time and it's what I got used to these last 11 years. ;)
View attachment 82511 View attachment 82512

P.S./Edit:
In my previous post:
Dolmar PS-6400 @ 20"
Dolmar PS-7310 @ 24"
Dolmar PS-7900 @ 36"

Nice family photo wilhelm

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that these saws come only with the inner small EU spike - I so far have three of these saws. :confused:
Was just checking whether anything changed.

Do Yourself a favor and purchase the outer clutch cover spike to match the inner one, the saw is much more stable with dual spikes when directly against the trees bark! :)
Chain chatter vibrations also seem to transfer much lesser to the saw when she's set up with dual spikes.

I know what it means to only have wood to cut that falls into the 40/50cc saw category - but I still utilize my PS-6400 & PS-7900, they're much more fun! :b1::banana:

They also help my arms to become longer ower time. :lol:
Sounds like good advice to me ...will get onto it and have the second small outer spike. That is the one on the far left of your pic i take it ?

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice family photo wilhelm
Yes, they look nice! :)

Sounds like a good advice to me ...will get onto it and have the second small outer spike. That is the one on the far left of your pic i take it ?
Yes, it's the far left spike in my picture that You want to match Your current inner spike.

Part number 957 250 060 , price is about 12.40Euro in Germany.
That part number will get You the outer clutch cover spike including two screws and two nuts.
It's an easy bolt on, no hassle - You will need a T27 Torx driver though.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, they look nice! :)

Yes, it's the far left spike in my picture that You want to match Your current inner spike.

Part number 957 250 060 , price is about 12.40Euro in Germany.
That part number will get You the outer clutch cover spike including two screws and two nuts.
It's an easy bolt on, no hassle - You will need a T27 Torx driver though.
Thanks Wilhelm...ordered it last night. No problem with the Tx 27 ;)

Sachs122

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can someone help me with a schematic or manual for a Sachs Dolmar 122 (not S). mine is not starting when hot. Thanks in anticipation.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can someone help me with a schematic or manual for a Sachs Dolmar 122 (not S). mine is not starting when hot. Thanks in anticipation.
This is all I have!
I hope it helps You in some way.

Attachments

• Sachs-Dolmar 122 (16747).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dolmar seems to be just as capable and quality as Stihl and Husky. It is unfortunate that they never captured more attention than they did. Growing up in rural Kentucky, there were bunches of saw dealers around. I didn't know Dolmar existed until a mom n' pop place way out yonder signed up with them.

Today, there are a fair number of dealers here, however none make Dolmar their flagship brand. Usually it's just a small sign on the building and a couple of saws in a corner. Husky or Stihl is the marquee brand with all the signage and displays.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dolmar seems to be just as capable and quality as Stihl and Husky. It is unfortunate that they never captured more attention than they did. Growing up in rural Kentucky, there were bunches of saw dealers around. I didn't know Dolmar existed until a mom n' pop place way out yonder signed up with them.

Today, there are a fair number of dealers here, however none make Dolmar their flagship brand. Usually it's just a small sign on the building and a couple of saws in a corner. Husky or Stihl is the marquee brand with all the signage and displays.
Dolmar is hardly represented in the UK these days as a brand in its own right . The Germans like there Dolmar products along with Stihl so there still on the high street there. Simple fact of a big company becoming a bigger company with acquisition and merger i guess, so depending on the popularity of a given brand bought up , the focus will be more on that. Husqvarna got bought up by Electrolux after all along with many others ...husq is still dominant . Makita ...sort of are rumbling around here in the hire shop/ tool shop sort of outlets but not Dolmar. I suppose the up side could be looked at as "less competition " if " you do sell Dolmar ...as long as you work at spreading the word.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's just it, spreading the word. Sadly, Makita is more famous and recognizable here even though Makita doesn't even make the chainsaws.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's just it, spreading the word. Sadly, Makita is more famous and recognizable here even though Makita doesn't even make the chainsaws.
Branding can be quite a personal thing and i guess from your "sadly " point you would like Dolmar to be pushed forward more by Makita than you feel it is.
Perhaps...Its not such a bad thing we have a company like Makita involved as from the little i know about the behind the scenes there is collaboration. Dolmar are still a name and maker after Makita bought them out way back in 1991 so i guess they see Dolmar as a real valued asset still .

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Branding can be quite a personal thing and i guess from your "sadly " point you would like Dolmar to be pushed forward more by Makita than you feel it is.
Perhaps...Its not such a bad thing we have a company like Makita involved as from the little i know about the behind the scenes there is collaboration. Dolmar are still a name and maker after Makita bought them out way back in 1991 so i guess they see Dolmar as a real valued asset still .
The Dolmar name is prevailing in Europe, for now.
But I have the feeling that Makita is slowly pushing the Dolmar name out of the picture - brand takeover.
Makita also seems to be increasingly moving production to the East.

I like my Dolmar's to be Dolmar red, and I like them to say Made in Germany!

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
But I have the feeling that Makita is slowly pushing the Dolmar name out of the picture - brand takeover.

Just a little something on production.....the Hamburg plant has not got enough production to cover it all so thats how come manufacturing takes place in other places after the initial time on production of machines that were made in the German plant. There are a few on here who know the detail far more than me so i hope they chip in "If " its appropriate to do so.
Perhaps the Makita logo with the Dolmar colours now in the USA highlights your concerns Wilhelm ?
I believe that is not the picture in Europe, 2017 -2018 catalogue has the Dolmar range as normal.

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes same here but I think Deutschland is holding strong on the Dolmar at the moment, for instance you can't purchase the PS-352 in Germany or any parts it's not even listed in the new catalogue.
now the PS-311TB is for sale in Germany and is listed in the catalogue

image.jpg