ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hate that crap. It's worse when they let you drive to them before telling you, had a guy a while back had a metal detector for sale on Facebook marketplace at a good price. Got his address, and told him I was on the way. Drove 35 minutes, I get there and he tells me, oh, I sold it, I marked it as sold, I guess you didn't see it. I was driving *#$#*.

I don't have a storefront, I have a regular job, I do chainsaws, on the side to make a little extra. Most of my business is done through online classifieds and word of mouth. It's ridiculous the crap you have to put up with. I finally started taking credit cards as a result of people getting me to meet them and then not showing up with cash.

My business runs very similar too yours Ebay has been a good platform for axes saws and parts for me always give people a compliment slip and a business card
If you look after each customer make them feel important even if it’s only a nut and bolt , sponsoring a good forum or two keeping up too date with trends and stuff don’t get too involved with discusssions which brand is best only a bit of
Friendly banter that reminds me @RI Chevy you changes your signature again

Sometimes you loose it on the swings but make it up on the roundabouts

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AJ, where are you getting all the cool Dolmar swag? You been a dealer for a long time?

1st Dolmar was a 117 in 1982 second was a 115i for softwood thinning peice work
The rest is history been hooked ever since
I’ve been a company since 2014 and have just been offered another old collection of stuff so got some negotiating to do

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My business runs very similar too yours Ebay has been a good platform for axes saws and parts for me always give people a compliment slip and a business card
If you look after each customer make them feel important even if it’s only a nut and bolt , sponsoring a good forum or two keeping up too date with trends and stuff don’t get too involved with discusssions which brand is best only a bit of
Friendly banter that reminds me @RI Chevy you changes your signature again

Sometimes you loose it on the swings but make it up on the roundabouts

I haven't dove into Ebay just yet for saws, I've sold a few other odds and ends on there, but I hate their fee structure. I feel like I have to charge too much just to have any margin. I'm getting a decent collection of parts saws now though, so I may start selling parts on there and see how it goes.

At any rate, my carb kit came in a lot quicker than I expected, so I gave the carb a nice bath, and installed the kit. Got to hear the saw run, but the saw was missing 1 muffler bolt, so I didn't run it long. The muffler had hex head bolts, but the muffler design didn't leave much room to get a socket on them, so I've got some socket head bolts coming to replace them with.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what there ought to be

Kind of wondered if that wasn’t the case. Originals probably vibrated out and were lost.

Tangent rant, hardware stores around here only carry metrics in lengths ending in 5. 45, 55, 65, very annoying when you need 60 mm screwing into something.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I while ago I wrote
Fichtel & Sachs later was bought by Mannesmann, and when Mannesmann itself was taken over by Vodafone, its subsidiaries were sold. Fichtel & Sachs was acquired by ZF, Dolmar by Makita.

I'm sorry but that wasn't exactly correct. Dolmar was sold to Makita as early as in 1991 but the hostile takeover of Mannesmann, the former owner of Fichtel & Sachs and thus Dolmar, took place in 2000. Its true however that Fichtel & Sachs was sold as a consequence of the Vodafone takeover, first to a consortium of Siemens and Bosch and later bought by ZF Friedrichshafen.

Last edited:

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ajschainsaws

I will do a better pic/s later when I have some time. Threw the new stickers on the saw

co7kGTZ.jpg