DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this come in last weekend, and took it in as part of a trade.

IMG_6327.JPG
Guy was the original owner, said he bought it new and didn't use it too much, said it was too heavy for him. Said it hasn't been run in quite a few years. It definitely hasn't been abused.

Started tearing it down to see what I got. Compression is good, 163 psi. Interesting mod on the air filter.
IMG_6340.JPG
They filled it with green filter foam. Looks like it would work, think I can improve on it though. P&C look good. Carb needs rebuild, the diaphragm was hard as a rock. This should be running as soon as I get a kit in.

Attachments

• IMG_6328.JPG
    IMG_6328.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6329.JPG
    IMG_6329.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 35

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday evening in german ebay classified ads a guy advertised an 143. 20 minutes later I had
agreed a date to inspect and buy the saw tomorrow afternoon.
It was offered at a very if not extremely good price and looked pretty well on the pics.

However, this afternoon the guy sent an e-mail "saw has just been sold".
WTF why have we made an appointment after all? I'm really annoyed! :BangHead:

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday evening in german ebay classified ads a guy advertised an 143. 20 minutes later I had
agreed a date to inspect and buy the saw tomorrow afternoon.
It was offered at a very if not extremely good price and looked pretty well on the pics.

However, this afternoon the guy sent an e-mail "saw has just been sold".
WTF why have we made an appointment after all? I'm really annoyed! :BangHead:

Hate that crap. It's worse when they let you drive to them before telling you, had a guy a while back had a metal detector for sale on Facebook marketplace at a good price. Got his address, and told him I was on the way. Drove 35 minutes, I get there and he tells me, oh, I sold it, I marked it as sold, I guess you didn't see it. I was driving *#$#*.

I don't have a storefront, I have a regular job, I do chainsaws, on the side to make a little extra. Most of my business is done through online classifieds and word of mouth. It's ridiculous the crap you have to put up with. I finally started taking credit cards as a result of people getting me to meet them and then not showing up with cash.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this come in last weekend, and took it in as part of a trade.

View attachment 153661
Guy was the original owner, said he bought it new and didn't use it too much, said it was too heavy for him. Said it hasn't been run in quite a few years. It definitely hasn't been abused.

Started tearing it down to see what I got. Compression is good, 163 psi. Interesting mod on the air filter.
View attachment 153664
They filled it with green filter foam. Looks like it would work, think I can improve on it though. P&C look good. Carb needs rebuild, the diaphragm was hard as a rock. This should be running as soon as I get a kit in.

Walmart used to sell flat foam air filters like that made by Poulan. Don't remember which model they fit but you could trim them to fit darn near anything, I still have a few of them in my OPE boneyard. They actually work really well as long as you wash them occasionally.

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walmart used to sell flat foam air filters like that made by Poulan. Don't remember which model they fit but you could trim them to fit darn near anything, I still have a few of them in my OPE boneyard. They actually work really well as long as you wash them occasionally.

Yeah, it looks like it would work. I’m thinking about just putting some kind of sturdy breathable cloth material on the outside to catch the majority of the wood dust. Make it a 2 stage type thing and a bit easier to clean.

I have my Dad’s old 114 and 115 in my shop too fixing to get them running for him again, they will probably need a filter mod as well. Cut many sticks of wood with them growing up.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a new girl in town, or, to be more correct: a dignified lady:

links.jpg vorn-links.jpg rechts.jpg

DOLMAR CC 116 in very fine condition.
Maybe the sprocket cover needs a little paintwork..
The saw has been kept by the previous owner for about forty years and
has been used very infrequently.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited: