ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rear one must be older than 1986 since the rear handle is sleek and hasn't the pseudo leather structure the one in front has.

It probably is I will have a look I know the super has got that hollow top handle
Which isn’t as nice

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You know I have said this before Andrew ....I really think most folks overlook the ps-32 as just another low cost small cc home owners saw !.. cheep they may be, poor they are not. Value for money in there market sector I think they "shine" as well as perform so much better than most who have never used one may think for 32cc. Taking out the cat from the stainless steel (that in its self is higher grade than most ) muffler is a benefit on this saw that uses 4 spring AV and a hex port cylinder design.
Small saws are often overlooked for saws with high HP and long bars !!

Same as Makita EA3200 i guess?
On Ebay the Makitas are quite a bit cheaper than the Dolmars, and i "need" a blue saw! :)

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Sachs" was the Fichtel & Sachs AG, a then very big automotive supplier (clutches, suspensions etc.) and a small engine manufacturer as well. Fichtel & Sachs had bought Dolmar in the early seventies and since then, the Dolmar products were named SACHS-DOLMAR.

Fichtel & Sachs later was bought by Mannesmann, and when Mannesmann itself was taken over by Vodafone, its subsidiaries were sold. Fichtel & Sachs was acquired by ZF, Dolmar by Makita.

Sachs is still around, I use their automotive clutches. Very good quality and low price!

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thats the one . The blue and black version of these in the UK .ea 3200 has the 2 bar nuts and the ea 3201 has the fast tensioning system.

View attachment 153029

Thank you!
It has to be one of those, i just have to sell off a bunch of other saws. Strange as it sounds, i have too many...
"All" big saws runs good, but a good running small and cheap one can be just as fun! Well, imho that is.:)

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"Sachs" was the Fichtel & Sachs AG, a then very big automotive supplier (clutches, suspensions etc.) and a small engine manufacturer as well. Fichtel & Sachs had bought Dolmar in the early seventies and since then, the Dolmar products were named SACHS-DOLMAR.

Fichtel & Sachs later was bought by Mannesmann, and when Mannesmann itself was taken over by Vodafone, its subsidiaries were sold. Fichtel & Sachs was acquired by ZF, Dolmar by Makita.

My first moped was a Sachs! :) Or the engine was, they never built complete mopeds, at least not to my knowledge...
They where common here in sweden when i grew up in the 70s and 80s, but was not regarded as very good among us kids. It was hard to make them run better, and Zundapp was king!

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sachs is still around, I use their automotive clutches. Very good quality and low price!

The brand now is "ZF Sachs", they produce shock absorbers as well as clutches.

My first moped was a Sachs! :) Or the engine was, they never built complete mopeds, at least not to my knowledge...
Right, Sachs was a typical engine supplier. The Sachs engines were found in small machines like concrete mixers, wacker plates, motorized conveyor belts and whatever you can think of. And of course small motorized bikes.
For many years Sachs also was one of the suppliers for pistons and cylinders used in Dolmar saws. Here is a jug with the typical Sachs crest "S" on it:

sachs-cylinder.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The brand now is "ZF Sachs", they produce shock absorbers as well as clutches.

Right, Sachs was a typical engine supplier. The Sachs engines were found in small machines like concrete mixers, wacker plates, motorized conveyor belts and whatever you can think of. And of course small motorized bikes.
For many years Sachs also was one of the suppliers for pistons and cylinders used in Dolmar saws. Here is a jug with the typical Sachs crest "S" on it:

View attachment 153083

I gotta have a look on those SD100’s and see if I got a Sachs cylinder

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Was home today for an hour or so to repack my bag between two job sites.
And who was knocking on my door?
Mr postman, with my dolmar ps-352!

I have wanted one since i red a review on some forum, but at that time they where almost impossible to find.

But now its here. Just had to unpack it and take a look. I am sorry for the inferior saws surrounding it! :) I had no time to clean the bench...

IMG_20181204_182709.jpg IMG_20181204_184122.jpg

Best regards