Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if it was or not .Painted green.either Husky or Huskey .It was smaller than the old David -Bradley that used automotive sized tires .2.5-3 HP Briggs engine 6 to 1 reduction . Evidently that winding it up to about running speed woke up the mag so to speak . After that first start up it would light right off from the rope .
The problem with winding up a chainsaw engine with a drill motor is you are trying to unscrew the flywheel nut .I know what happens,the nut comes off ,the flywheel orbits your garage about three times as you run for your life .--Just missed my wifes Cadillac .That would have been very bad .

I ask because I still have my grandpa's Huski Gardener tractor. Have a pic of my dad with it in 1964. Just can't find a pic right now.

joeymt33

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am expecting it to be a PM850, hope I'm right about that.

Mark

Looks like a 60?

a9e6a79a027af5203de2d14fc198a167.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad bought a Husky walk behind garden tractor when I was 3 years old .Later in life it might sit a few years between being used .It did not have a recoil type starter .He would belt up another engine from a reel type lawn mower with sliced loop of rope and wind that thing up .It never failed to start .I'm not so certain he ever even changed the oil in it ,looked like creosote.He just added a little if it needed some .Smoked a little is all . I have that thing now since he passed on .It's not stuck and I'll make a bet that even nearly 70 years it will still run .
Pics of that old iron please.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks goes out to Mark H with taking time to answer a few questions while tinkering with this 1-40 saw. He was right that may have to stake or block the valve in bottom of crankcase that allows some fuelmix to go out to bar pad. Some bar oil from the front oil tank conversion was getting siphoned back into crankcase from bar pad as the valve had nut been plugged. All is good now and saw runs great. @heimannm

1-40a.jpg

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You gotta watch flea bay and have a good idea what a reasonable price is .More times than not for example OEM Stihl parts are being sold higher than what a dealer gets .Bryce has increased some of his prices but not that much .

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks goes out to Mark H with taking time to answer a few questions while tinkering with this 1-40 saw. He was right that may have to stake or block the valve in bottom of crankcase that allows some fuelmix to go out to bar pad. Some bar oil from the front oil tank conversion was getting siphoned back into crankcase from bar pad as the valve had nut been plugged. All is good now and saw runs great. @heimannm

View attachment 110312

Kevin! You accidentally chopped your head off!

Got some time to work on that 7-10 I got from you awhile ago had to replace both tank pieces as they where too far gone. Finishing up the crank seals and primary ignition and hopefully I can experience all this hype that comes with running a 7-10!
IMG_20180101_170945.jpg

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin! You accidentally chopped your head off!

Got some time to work on that 7-10 I got from you awhile ago had to replace both tank pieces as they where too far gone. Finishing up the crank seals and primary ignition and hopefully I can experience all this hype that comes with running a 7-10!
View attachment 110794

10-4 on the missing head in picture. I got one of sons to take a picture with his phone and I guess he was more focused on the dogs.

I knew that fuel tank looked bad inside on the 7-10 (I had let it soak a couple times with fuel mix to try to stop that nastiness...guess I got the saw to late for that). Saw on outside looked real nice. To bad it had sit so long. Only part of it that I took time on was going through the starter and refurbing it as it was stuck and replacement of the decomp. I hope it can make a good saw for you. I did find another good 7-10 tank top in parts here, but it had been painted black at some time in its history. Note over time you may lose want or desire, but I still have the orange saw you liked. Maybe, I'll deliver it someday to you and take something off your hands.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got it back together tonight. I used that extra pm55 handle and a nice top I had in the stash. Paint is not as nice as it was but it was perfectly free of any corrosion. I know the green oil button is not correct. I like to put little personal touches on my Macs.

IMG_20180206_193346.jpg

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poor saw, you'll make it think its a john deere with the green & yellow.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We built a tractor mailbox with the kids. My daughter wanted it painted blue. I painted it blue. I get crap all the time because we are an "Orange" farm!

You can see it above the Case VAC.

IMG_20180114_111244.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't be real concerned about the green button .Very few people would know the difference plus it's not a rod and custom show .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can probably save the tank with a small portable sand blaster if it's not etched to point of leaking .This is exactly what happens if the thing was stored on a concrete floor for any length of time .Unfortunately most people have never heard of galvanic action on metals especially any alloy of aluminum .It tries to become part of the concrete given enough time .

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The mag was super thin. When I put it in my blasting cabinet I blew a huge hole in the bottom!