Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That aint fair Mr Buzzkill!
Heres a 1010S on the left(waiting for a chain sharpening), in front of a 3400 Poulan that is waiting on me to reassemble for my nephew to use, with a PM 700 on the right waiting on its new chain(that I just bought yesterday), and a Homie Super EZ that runs great, but is ALMOST too pretty to put to work.
Plans are as follows;
1. Sharpen chain for 1010S.
2. Install new chain on 700.
3. Present father with his "birthday present". Super EZ.
4. Receive his original EZ automatic that needs help, as it has an air leak that he doesn't realize.
5. Repair and trade again for my minty SEZ.

In the meantime, I will be putting some hours on the two Macs, as they are the workhorses. They are the most dependable saws in the fleet.
I could only wish that I could find one of the original redwood killers, but if I did, it would be made ready and used accordingly.
I appreciate what you have and the rarity of it, but what good is it if you cant use it?1020190038.jpg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That aint fair Mr Buzzkill!
Heres a 1010S on the left(waiting for a chain sharpening), in front of a 3400 Poulan that is waiting on me to reassemble for my nephew to use, with a PM 700 on the right waiting on its new chain(that I just bought yesterday), and a Homie Super EZ that runs great, but is ALMOST too pretty to put to work.
Plans are as follows;
1. Sharpen chain for 1010S.
2. Install new chain on 700.
3. Present father with his "birthday present". Super EZ.
4. Receive his original EZ automatic that needs help, as it has an air leak that he doesn't realize.
5. Repair and trade again for my minty SEZ.

In the meantime, I will be putting some hours on the two Macs, as they are the workhorses. They are the most dependable saws in the fleet.
I could only wish that I could find one of the original redwood killers, but if I did, it would be made ready and used accordingly.
I appreciate what you have and the rarity of it, but what good is it if you cant use it?View attachment 204084
I have a couple Big Mac’s that get some use

MedicineMan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Video tomorrow? :D

Video to follow
aceaaefd-72bb-4029-976c-76c0cea3ac2f-jpeg.202834

MedicineMan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks great, what’s the history on them? Is it a v4 sloper? I watched that video earlier, saw looks strong. My next project is a wb carbed 101.

It has a V4 sloper with a homemade adapter plate for the tilly HL. The tilly fits under the hood but air filtration was a concern so I put a velocity stack/filterbase on it and cut a hole in a filter cover that had already been cut on by previous owner. The filter holds the cover on nicely. I was also able to make the manual oiler work with the sloper and the adapter. Everybody got a kick out of running it at the GTG.

The other 125 is one that I bought for a parts saw on EBAY. It was listed as not running and had been painted with a rattle can. It turned out to be in too good a shape to part out so I refurbished it. Bone stock except someone had put an electronic ignition coil on it. I'm planning to put the coil and points from the 101b donor saw on it some day.

I finally got a 125C with most of the crome flaked off the bore as a donor saw for the 101b. The 101b engine came off of an ultralight aircraft from the 70's. It was pretty grimy from sitting in a barn for over 30 years but inside it looked like it had very few hours on it.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice video Medicine Man and nice to meet you at the GTG. I think I may have recognized a couple of the other saws in the video as well.

I ran the 101 saw and my very fresh CP125 one after another and the difference is quite noticeable.

Mark

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bone stock except someone had put an electronic ignition coil on it. I'm planning to put the coil and points from the 101b donor saw on it some day.

One of my 125's had an atom arc contraption which never did work that well .The points were still intact just not used .I eliminated the electronic trigger and reset the points because of an off set key and it runs very nicely .The saw came out of northern California ,flea bay -cheap .
I have no idea why those solid state trigger devices became in use other than people perhaps didn't know how to set up a points type ignition and going to solid state was just more simple .I'd just as soon keep the points .
Now on that from my perspective McCulloch ignition systems are almost fool proof .I've had only one that failed and one that just needed dried out ,both solid state ,never a points type .As a comparison I've had several systems fail on Stihls if that says anything .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So ive probably seen it here and forgotten, but would someone mind explaining how the 101B kart engine is much better than the 125 saw engine?
I know, its a racing kart engine, but a few specs etc would help me.
Is the 101B a 100cc engine, or is that model number not indicative of the displacement?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bore and stroke are the same as the 797/CP125/SP125 at 123 cc in the stock form (2.280x1.835), the differences are in the porting and port timing plus the kart engines have removeable heads so you can adjust gasket thickness to change the compression & squish. I am sure others could add more relevant details.

Mark