MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure if this will help or not .With both saws upside down on the super 44A on the front left hand side of the stuffer were 44A ,right side front 3406 .On the supper 44 left hand side rear stuffer S44 with 7101 same line .If the file isn't too large the 44A is on the right,super on the left .There is a difference in the grill on the fan side

Attachments

• DSCN0558[1].JPG
    DSCN0558[1].JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 17

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I would pass this along for those of you looking for an alternate to the molded 10 series fuel lines.

I know Mark H sourced a grommet for the tank hole from McMaster Carr which won't ship to Canada and some have said they are a pain to deal with in the US.

The supplier is Grainger in the US and Acklands Grainger in Canada.
The fit is perfect to pass a 1/4" OD fuel line.

It's a bit small for the carb barb but with a little heat to the line it's easy to get on if you're using Tygon.

Part number is the same for US and Canada. A pack of 50 Buna N (Nitrile) grommets for $6.00 US or in Canada $6.95 CDN

Hard to beat that. They will ship or if you live close to one of their retail outlets you can pick them up there.

PN 3MRH4

Link

https://www.grainger.com/product/GR...rommet-3MRH4?searchBar=true&searchQuery=3mrh4

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding McMaster Carr in the USA .If I place an order now at 5:20 PM there's a good chance I would get it tomorrow .That's one place if you can't find it,it's the go to place . They have a distribution place in Cleveland Ohio which is not that far from me ,100 miles more or less .

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cannot get my Mac to idle, runs fine but will not idle , carb apart 2 times...
Love that little obnoxious saw LOL

Neighbors hate it LOL
fa53a7c65f31d787e40c46ce288caca6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Low port got some gunk in it maybe, or seals as I understand on them.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The weak link on the mini's is the oil pump .They get to leaking and flood the crankcase with bar oil then they don't run so good if they run at all .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps used .I chanced on a few rebuild kits in with some other McCulloch parts but never had any luck rebuilding them .Now I have seen supposedly new pumps on flea bay but in my opinion they were priced more than the saw was worth .

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps used .I chanced on a few rebuild kits in with some other McCulloch parts but never had any luck rebuilding them .Now I have seen supposedly new pumps on flea bay but in my opinion they were priced more than the saw was worth .
Link on fleabay please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the same pump for a mini mac? Power Mac 6 is a slightly different little critter.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Search Power Mac 6 oil pump .Flea bay has a few .However you might see if the gasket is okay first .See if the spark plug is oil fouled and things like that .I think they might have listed a few seals also .
Actually I have PM 6 in my shed that I suppose ran at one time .The mini's are not my favorite saw to work on .It may or may not ever run again .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Power Mac6, though still somewhat annoying to repair, is nowhere near as curse-inducing as a mini mac ive found. Also a light and well balanced top handle saw. Much better feel than the minis.
Also, nice and LOUD!!
Machine, I know you said you cleaned the carb twice. Did you install a new kit as well? I cant remember if these have Welsh plugs in the carbs, but if so, pop them out and then soak the carb overnight in a commercial carb cleaner. I bought my 1 gallon bucket at NAPA. It comes with a parts basket to keep from losing the small stuff.
Rinse everything out with clean running water before blowing out with compressed air. Dont put the parts basket back in the bucket with any water in it. Water settles to the bottom and rusts a hole in the bucket. Dont ask how I know.
I have cleaned a lot of carbs that someone else "cleaned" before. It just takes a little more than a squirt of carb cleaner to get some stuff to let go.
Sorry for being long winded. Hope this helps.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a few mins to mess with the macs tonight. The 44 has no spark so it will wait for a bit. Got to finish up a couple.other saws first.
The 1-21 (i think it is) has spark so figured giver a whirl. Put some gas in it. Few sqirts down carb and it fired up. Wont hold an idle but will rev up. It needs a carb clean and a kit. Tried adjusting low needle but never made any difference. Will put on shelf for now. I ordered a few kits a couple weeks ago so they will be in in a month or so on ebay lol.
067b750285fa68564c1ff05c3e335c5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk