MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the PM 10-10 running today after a lot of monkeying around.First I had to put another module on & the old module didn't want to give up it's plug wire.Usually I can just twist the wire out of the module by hand,on this one I had to use a pliers to twist it out.Then the recoil decided to fall apart.I took it apart completely to find out what was going on.The little bolt that holds the pulley to the spindle was the culprit.I tightened it back up &all was good,but the 3 screws that hold the recoil cover on werretoo easy to loosen,which tells me that someone was into that recoil previously,& that screw may not be the correct one.The other thing that kinda perplexed me was in order for the saw to run I had to turn both lo & hi screws out considerably - 2 1/2 on each.I think I'll need to pull the carb for a cleaning & rebuild.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2-1/2 on H and L sounds like you may have an air leak. PTO side seal is a good place to start, especially if someone has run the saw without the thrust washer between the drum and the seal. Way too easy to get something into that seal and cut it without the washer.

Mark

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2-1/2 on H and L sounds like you may have an air leak. PTO side seal is a good place to start, especially if someone has run the saw without the thrust washer between the drum and the seal. Way too easy to get something into that seal and cut it without the washer.

Mark
Yeah,it did have some air leak symptoms,so I guess seals are in order.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the seals pulled earlier,then it started raining again just as I finished,so I called it quits for the day.I'm getting low on the 67906 seals,only one left,so I ordered some from "The Duke".The 67906 seals I have on hand don't have the smaller counterpart 110260.Is a SKF 6119 it's equivalent? BTW,this was the first time that I extracted the clutch side seal without pulling the oil tank off & breaking tyhe engine in half.Not so bad if ya can get under that thin lip to start lifting it.I just used a screwdriver.On the FW side seal I used to drill a hole & screw in a drywall screw & put a vise grips on it to lift it out.I just happened to see a nail set laying on my table & thought that'd work.Sure enough it did,it popped a hole in the seal & I was able to screw in the drywall screw..

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the seals pulled earlier,then it started raining again just as I finished,so I called it quits for the day.I'm getting low on the 67906 seals,only one left,so I ordered some from "The Duke".The 67906 seals I have on hand don't have the smaller counterpart 110260.Is a SKF 6119 it's equivalent? BTW,this was the first time that I extracted the clutch side seal without pulling the oil tank off & breaking tyhe engine in half.Not so bad if ya can get under that thin lip to start lifting it.I just used a screwdriver.On the FW side seal I used to drill a hole & screw in a drywall screw & put a vise grips on it to lift it out.I just happened to see a nail set laying on my table & thought that'd work.Sure enough it did,it popped a hole in the seal & I was able to screw in the drywall screw..
6119 or 6120 will work.