High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Official Log Splitter thread

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Minor league video of my SS clone. I have the RPM down to save on noise. Pretty sure this is elm? Kind of stringy and had a tough knot. Higher rpm would have blown the knot apart in one hit. I just can't take the racket ; ) This thing uses about 4 oz. fuel per hour, if that...
What was the logo or insignia on you hat? It almost looks like a square and compasses is why I ask.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
9:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was the logo or insignia on you hat? It almost looks like a square and compasses is why I ask.
Old hand me down hat with a Purdue Boilermakers train logo. It is my go- to hat, since it fits so well that I often don't even remember I have it on. It was made to look old when it was new, so it has a really beat look to it now!

Last edited:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My Wife grew up on a farm and is NO stranger to manual labor. She refuses to help cut or split with me though (which I'd almost be mad about outside of her propensity for personal injury w/somewhat dangerous power equipment)... She does help me stack sometimes though.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Wife grew up on a farm and is NO stranger to manual labor. She refuses to help cut or split with me though (which I'd almost be mad about outside of her propensity for personal injury w/somewhat dangerous power equipment)... She does help me stack sometimes though.

I know what you mean mine won't run the saw but does the splitter, she just grew up working also. This year she already restacked some for the new wood. Then after we got that she's been splitting it. But most is going down the road. Sold

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mine knows her way around a combine, dump truck, shovel and plenty of other tools, but I try to keep the powered tools with blades (outside of the Hustler Super Z) away from here as she has a knack for getting her appendages in the way...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive thought about adding a hoist on my splitter also to help hold big pieces when splitting

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a back saver for sure! He's always thinking(cousin), now he's wanting to build a processor. I went through a 12hp four stroke for the delivery belt for him. Hope he gets all the parts and pieces he'll need. should be interesting. Never know with that fella what will come next or not. For example the two of us repaired a John Deere skidder at his shop for a fella and he could not pay for the work, so he gave us an old jammer on an early 70's Chevrolet C60, that was 3 years ago and he still hasn't picked it up.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my log lift will raise it up but still have to man handle it once splitting a hoist would help alot with that

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, that's the important part Randy. The rest is just work!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have a SuperSplit HD and a NT Powerhorse 20-ton Dual Split with custom 4-way slip-on wedge. I know, I know...pics or ya ain't got 'em. Pic file sizes are a little larger than 2Mb, and a current site server glitch won't let anything over 2Mb be posted. No idea how to re-size a pic on my Iphone6+. When the site pic bug is worked out, I'll post up the pics.

Edit--see if I can send the pics via Tapatalk like Genius said...

3fba4f43ced5a663180990175c4ebff9.jpg

48042d9eae7efa801ea36151c74a3ca9.jpg

fe13900b34e9969033e5f36c10432847.jpg
Which one do you like better and why? Or better yet, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each?