High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Official Farming Thread...

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
5:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey, I am looking at a 40s era Case VAC 14 tractor. Looks like it had a restoration a while back. The ad says it runs good, but has carb issues. Rebuild kits for the carb are cheap, but I don't know what to look for when checking it out. My dad says good things about them, but he's in PA so he won't be able to check it out for me, unfortunately. It has a blade on the hitch, which is good because it will be used primarily for maintaining the 1.5 miles of dirt road to my house. Anyone know anything about these tractors? Thanks!

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
5:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I will check the basics on it, but I don't know much about the hydraulics, pto, hitch, etc. He's asking $1200, which I think is pretty fair since it does have the 3-point hitch and blade.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, nevermind. He just sold it. *s-word!
Well. If I was hunting for a gasoline tractor it would have to be a farmall. Not saying that wasn’t a good one but no one round here has any of those. If you really want a lil tractor I’d keep my eyes peeled for a small diesel international /case ih. Or an old Deere. Massey Ferguson Parts are readily available an stuff should you need any. Sometimes those Massey’s can go cheap. Pretty good lil tractors. I don’t personally love the ol case till they merged with ih. You look around you’ll find something maybe a little better than the one that sold. Probably nothing wrong with that old piece just wouldn’t be my first choice. Even if the price was right

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
will everyone have enough hay and silage too last through
straw is making top dollar this winter