The Official Farming Thread...

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the coal mine that my great grandfather mined coal from, he bought the farm so he could mine. It was my grandpa who really started working the farm because he didn't want to mine anymore. They mined to the property line and then connected shafts with a larger coal company, so my grandpa would tell me about walking under the farm and out the other side of the hill.
This was right before they pushed it shut., it was abandoned for years.

OSHA approved!

IMG_7393.JPG

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The original barn that unfortunately burned down in 1995.

View attachment 89906

My great grandmother & grandfather with one of my great aunts. They bought the farm in 1922, pictures from around 1965?

View attachment 89909
Thanks for sharing these. Even though people worked harder back then, times sure looked a lot simpler in the old days.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One of the coal mine that my great grandfather mined coal from, he bought the farm so he could mine. It was my grandpa who really started working the farm because he didn't want to mine anymore. They mined to the property line and then connected shafts with a larger coal company, so my grandpa would tell me about walking under the farm and out the other side of the hill.

OSHA approved!

View attachment 89918

Love those old pictures, keep them coming!

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

OSHA approved!

View attachment 89918

Several of those old collapsed mine shafts on this place.

Last edited:

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cheese n crackers it's dry here. Could barely drive a t post into the ground with the hand driver. Pulled a couple step in fiberglass posts out to straighten up the hot wire and couldn't hardly step them back in.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is the best I can do, A picture taken from a airplane back in 1974 of the old house, barn, and farm road. We had to buy the pictures back then, as they took the pics. then came buy to see if you wanted to buy a pic. of your farm house.

edit, take note, there is 6 sows, and one boar in the pic. I do miss them days!

Attachments

• 101_2288.JPG
    101_2288.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We went to the local farm show today. I've seen pictures of one of these but never saw one in person.

View attachment 91346
iv'e see a few of those or similar come up in auction ads over the last year or so. i never saw one in person though. most were coming out of tractor collections. i'm only about 35-40 miles from New Holland PA where they were made.