The Official Farming Thread...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I reAd up on it never had an issue whatsoever with that. We use bearded barley but it may help that if sits in the bale for a good while

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
seems like it is getting harder to kill johnson grass so i cut it for hay cows still eat it and beats a snowball
i know a guy with soybeans up the road that has sprayed some johnson grass with round up and 2 4 D and it seemed like it didn't faze it.
he asked me about and i told him to mix it a bit stronger and it only maimed it but didn't kill it.
horse weed and waterhemp is the only one that can't be killed here either got to pull it out mow it or cut it down.

Somethings not adding up here. 2-4d would be a no go on beans. Lots of ways to deal with it in beans. It might take 2 passes to kill it all.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes 24d smokes broad leaves not grass so much so beans would be fried If you were to try to kill it after the harvest there are some options I have good luck spraying in the fall If I see Johnson grass I'll honestly walk to it to cut the head off it

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't saw any Johnson grass in years down here I have more problems with mares tails than anything roundup works pretty good if you spray if in the fall and If you get after those little bastards when they first come up they'll die

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I raked some hay up yesterday and it was a little damp still. Overnight it rained a little. Should I ted it, or Let it dry as is?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grass? How much did it rain I try to leave alone if possible It's yer hay stick with yer gut on it If it only wet the top good I'd let it be hard to call hay. On thing bout grass though it can take a beating with a rake or Tedder
My barley shells out the more you touch on it

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's gonna be fine.........if it dries pretty quick. They are calling for rain this evening again. It's spread out and drying. Fingers crossed.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that sucks it got wet . been raining alot here and noone has been cutting yet hopefully it will turn out good

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cool randy not many know how time and work on the old balers

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Somethings not adding up here. 2-4d would be a no go on beans. Lots of ways to deal with it in beans. It might take 2 passes to kill it all.
before planting sorry about that nobody has really had any good weather to put anything in the ground.
more rainy days than sunny ones.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg Muffin in corn .... Yeah those rows are that crooked marker cylinder blew today completely trying to get caught up wet wet wet