Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We screwed up majorly with those carrots I planted in the first week of July. They almost always take 7-10 days to come up, so on the sixth day after planting we flame weed the beds. Well, this time, even with minimal rain and pelleted seed, they were up on the sixth day, so we didn't flame them. Major bummer. Probably spent 12-15 hours with a wheel hoe and double that knife weeding them. Probably shoulda tilled them in and cut our losses, but we stuck it out. Finally finished knife weeding on Wednesday.

rps20190802_201632_155.jpg

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We screwed up majorly with those carrots I planted in the first week of July. They almost always take 7-10 days to come up, so on the sixth day after planting we flame weed the beds. Well, this time, even with minimal rain and pelleted seed, they were up on the sixth day, so we didn't flame them. Major bummer. Probably spent 12-15 hours with a wheel hoe and double that knife weeding them. Probably shoulda tilled them in and cut our losses, but we stuck it out. Finally finished knife weeding on Wednesday.

View attachment 193464
Looks great. I'm jealous.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 193464

I am impressed. As we can not grow carrots here, As our ground has way too much clay in it.Your dirt looks damn good to me!!