Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a funny little occurrence on the farm today. A FedEx driver decided to drive through our parking lot, past our sheds, past my house, and down a tractor trail towards our market garden. We were in the middle of a big rain event. This was wet, saturated ground BEFORE it started raining, but at this time, we were actually in the middle of a flash flood warning. He rallied that 2wd rented van through standing water in the trail, downhill maybe 800' past where any reasonable-minded person would have seriously reconsidered their route.

I saw him doing it and went out to introduce myself. He asked if we had a tractor to pull him out. I said, sure, but not in this mess. I told him he'd better call for another truck to deliver the rest of his packages. He was pretty good spirited about the situation. Who knows, maybe they'll forget about the van. I could use a new delivery rig. Hopefully it'll be dry enough by Friday to pull him out of there.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but he's basically parked in water standing on mud.rps20190417_230757_132.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag