Country flag

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say half of craigslist ads never respond when you send an email. I hate it when they dont leave their number.
I never post a phone number - I get too many calls from flakes who want to talk endlessly about the item, negotiate without seeing it, asking questions answered in the ads, as well as general SPAM calls. Same thing with endless texts (I am not a big texting guy).

If you are interested, I ask the prospective customer to provide a phone number where we can talk. Weeds out a lot of the lazies and crazies, and gives me some idea of who they are (versus receiving an anonymous call or email).

Many posters are lazy too, and ignore responses, especially once sol.

I respond to every inquiry (at least once), even if I have a likely buyer, and pull my ads promptly once sold. But that's me.

Philbert

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never post a phone number - I get too many calls from flakes who want to talk endlessly about the item, negotiate without seeing it, asking questions answered in the ads, as well as general SPAM calls. Same thing with endless texts (I am not a big texting guy).

If you are interested, I ask the prospective customer to provide a phone number where we can talk. Weeds out a lot of the lazies and crazies, and gives me some idea of who they are (versus receiving an anonymous call or email).

Many posters are lazy too, and ignore responses, especially once sol.

I respond to every inquiry (at least once), even if I have a likely buyer, and pull my ads promptly once sold. But that's me.

Philbert
I would say you are in the minority then because I never get a response to an email. I want to call and talk in person. Spelling out your number helps weed out the spam/scam calls too.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say you are in the minority then because I never get a response to an email.
I will take that as a complement.

CraigsList is a cr*p shoot for both buyers and sellers. If you can screen out the obvious jerks, there are a lot of nice people and good deals too.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either that or they get saw as a gift. Then say "Echo???? WTF????
Several years ago I actually won a 2cycle Echo leaf blower that I had no use for, but wanted a CS400 saw. So I sold the blower on CL and put the money towards the saw (kept the spirit of the thing). Kept the 'You won!' paperwork to show the buyer that I really did not steal it. His attitude was, 'whatever'.

Philbert