Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m slowly learning from you guys, those were my thoughts. Offered him $50, said he wouldn’t go lower than $100, told him good luck. Big flea market tomorrow, maybe I can find something there.
I just try to be cordial with folks because he obviously wants to sell it and something may come up where he's willing to take 50 and I want him to call me before anyone else. Same with folks who make stupid offers on CL for things I'm selling. Last weekend it was a Honda trx90 kids quad I had listed for 950. I had a lot of interest especially for trades because I said I would take saws as partial trades. I get a guy who want to trade for a saw and he says he has a ms261, sends pictures and it's a version II and I'm like he we can work something out :babeando:(more about the deal than it being a stihl LOL), and I asked how much he wanted for it and he says it was bought last yr for 800 :eek: and I said okay how much do you want for it. He relies he would do 150 and the saw for the quad o_O, let me do the math here, I want 950 for the quad you are going to give me 150 cash, so I'm at 800 for the quad and you will give me the saw for the 800, I don't think so. It was very tempting to send a text saying how about you give me the saw and 2400 cash and I'll give you the quad since we all want to get the new value out of what we have, I restrained, but was very tempted :cool:, but I just said no thanks. I ended up selling it to a guy who drove about 60 miles for it in his sweet 2000 f350 crew cab diesel( I wanted to offer 150 and the quad for the truck:risas3:) with his two young boys. He handed me 950 after we chatted a good bit and I handed him back 50 and said put it in your tank, he was grateful and there was no bullcrap!
Moral of the story even the guys who offer 150 and a saw that's worth 400 max to me actually want what I have so I treat them that way with the hope they will change their tune as I know everyone wants a deal and want to sell their item for full price if possible. I also believe if I treat them right it will come back to me in the long run and it ALWAYS does, and sometimes I get to see it right away :);.
Most likely you will find some saws there and if you buy them that guy will call saying you can have it for 50, just how things seem to go.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You on the rd, or did you pay via PayPal and he's shipping it.
Lol. He's 4 hours from me so it's someone else's saw to buy. I did alert Canadianfarmboy because he is fairly close but I haven't heard from him.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. He's 4 hours from me so it's someone else's saw to buy. I did alert Canadianfarmboy because he is fairly close but I haven't heard from him.
Did you call and get the deal all set up for him :).

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone needs a Home Life -- jeepers and this one at such a deal!
If you are struggling in your Home Life, here is a solution. Get it now!
Yeah I thought that was a funny one too.
A buddy of mine also collects the smoky the bear stuff so it stood out for that reason too.
Shoot-far, I'm a Stihl head and I might pull the trigger on that! :cool:
And if you sold it for 50 profit and did that a bunch of times you could buy another Stihl that would run like it or you could just run the husky .