The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm curious, what IS a reasonable price for a Stihl 090?
For the one in that ad, I'm thinking that's a price it will sell for. Good examples are hard to come by and the ones with the later style AV sell for more than the non av or funky looking early AV models.
Just that bar will set you back a piece of change so a really pristine 090AV with a big Cannon bar is not out of the price range at $2500.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That has to be a scam. I bet he lifted that pic from another ad somewhere and he wants western union

I agree, not even a local phone number. If it wasn't so ridiculous I would almost call. The postal code listed is about 10 mins from home.

DSS

widebody
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I agree, not even a local phone number. If it wasn't so ridiculous I would almost call. The postal code listed is about 10 mins from home.
Could be just fishing for email addresses too. I don't understand most of these scams.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Shooot if that listing was 2 hours from me, I'd be emailing them like crazy to ask to give the dude cash (after seeing/inspecting the saw in person)

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shooot if that listing was 2 hours from me, I'd be emailing them like crazy to ask to give the dude cash (after seeing/inspecting the saw in person)
Well, that's the old style AV on the 090 so it's not a late model as stated in the ad. I agree with the scam theory. Just the bar would sell for what they want for the saw. People aren't that dumb. They'll suck in some victim...
If it sounds like it was close, I'd try to follow up on it but I bet there's no opportunity to see the saw because it's a 10 to 1 chance they don't even have it. Just trying to get some saw nut to send them some untraceable cash...

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, that's the old style AV on the 090 so it's not a late model as stated in the ad. I agree with the scam theory. Just the bar would sell for what they want for the saw. People aren't that dumb. They'll suck in some victim...
If it sounds like it was close, I'd try to follow up on it but I bet there's no opportunity to see the saw because it's a 10 to 1 chance they don't even have it. Just trying to get some saw nut to send them some untraceable cash...

Oh, I completely agree, ..... I'm not Eeeevil or anything, but I gain some sort of sick enjoyment in messing around with scammers minds. The ones I currently like the most are the random digit dialers who call saying "we received a message from your desktop that it has a virus.

. . . Our desktop hasn't been connected to the Internet in 7-10 years (the don't offer Internet to the small side road I live on)