The new 90cc class makita

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard they are putting there efforts into other saws and are not going to build anything above the 7910. This comes from a reputable source

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just saw an article with pics of the “new” bike Harley is trying to come out with, electric. Ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. Not trying to detail thread but all companies are trying to be eco friendly for public appeal.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard a rumor that Makita is putting no further development into gas powered anything. Battery power is their main focus going forward.
@RI Chevy

^ this

Expect to see a 70cc battery equivalent in the next 2-3yrs. Maybe sooner

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really hope Makita unloads Dolmar, it seems increasingly pointless to hold on to them. The Makita website still doesn't show any saw "dealers" in Kentucky other than Home Depot, including one location that has been closed for ten years.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really hope Makita unloads Dolmar, it seems increasingly pointless to hold on to them. The Makita website still doesn't show any saw "dealers" in Kentucky other than Home Depot, including one location that has been closed for ten years.
Sure would be nice to see DOLMAR on the saws again.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You going to the Paul Bunyan festival first weekend in October that Nate/Makita is sponsoring?

I've wanted to for a few years and this year looks like the year. One benefit of mending broken bones and not being able to work is having time to do fun stuff I otherwise wouldn't normally have. The sad part is I won't be able to capitalize on the great discounted price Makita gives on saws for the show!