High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The most "Overrated" saw you own/owned ?

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone mentioned Piltz saws yet?

According to what I've read of piltz.....you just need a really long cannon bar, at least 24" on an ms250, an 8 pin rim and a sharp chain and your ready for West coast falling or limbing or maybe both. Oh, and porting saws is really bad, like the devil. The factory performance should never be improved upon. It's really not even possible.

I might be exaggerating a little...anyway I've run an ms250. No low side carb adjustment. Wtf?

Stihl 290 310 etc. The Stihl 039 in my signature was purchased used, cheap with a new 28" es bar on it. It's an ok saw for what it is. Can't imagine spending $500-$600 for a new one with less power.

One of my neighbors has a ms251 he purchased new. He noticed my echo 490 and said "echos are nice reliable saws, just not pro grade like Stihl"
I didn't burst his bubble and tell him he has a bottom of the barrel Stihl homeowner saw or show him the rim sprocket, adjustable oiler or mag case on the 490. Worst part is he paid $100 more....he paid almost exactly what my cs590 was new.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my neighbors has a ms251 he purchased new. He noticed my echo 490 and said "echos are nice reliable saws, just not pro grade like Stihl"
I didn't burst his bubble and tell him he has a bottom of the barrel Stihl homeowner saw or show him the rim sprocket, adjustable oiler or mag case on the 490.

I'm not surprised, but it still cracks me up when people say things like that. I must admit that Stihl does a great job of convincing people that all their products are proline. Someone who is not an enthusiast walks in to the dealer, sees a wall full of creamsicles that look nearly identical, chooses the one that is big and manly enough for his taste and has the right price. He is unaware that he bought a big box store consumer saw with the Stihl name and colors and inflated price tag, and even if confronted with the evidence would never believe it.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to Lowe's today to pick up a gift for dad and looked at their saw section for laughs. They had the plastic 450 Rancher for $409.00. That's about what the CS-590 goes for. Rural King wants even more than that for the equivalent Farm Boss. I can understand buying the 235/240/MS-170 for under $200.00, they seem to do well for the price and intended market.

Thing is, a 50-60cc saw for over four bills isnt really an occasional light duty proposition like those small saws are. If you are buying a saw of that size you probably are cutting some pretty big stuff with it, and putting a fair number of hours on it. For this use, I don't think you are really getting a good deal or doing yourself any favors by purchasing what is nothing more than an oversized casual use machine for really not much less cost than a proline saw.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a saw snob. I don't even really cut that much. It just irks me when a manufacturer charges a lot for something that isnt really worth it, and people fall for it. If the Rancher and Farm Boss prices actually reflected the value received for the money (like the smaller saws do), I wouldn't have a problem with them.

Last edited:

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Husqvarna 2100.

Yes it’s a good saw, but I’m was expecting it to be life transforming after all the Arborist Site discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I feel the same with the 288.
I truly thought I'd grow 6" , lose 50lbs and become rich after getting one.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I
The irony of this thread is that......A saw has to be well thought off by many to be then judged overrated by yourself once you bought it o_O
Got my 262xp back in the 90s and I only got on the net in about2010 it was always a pig but here all 60cc saws are .