High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The most "Overrated" saw you own/owned ?

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The most over rated saw I've ever owned? $tihl.....most any one of them
Agreed.....I've recently had a few chances to be employed at OPE dealers that are Stihl dealers, I passed on each opportunity just because of that. I've always been in the service area and not sales, so I guess from a sales standpoint it might be a good plan for the unsuspecting costumers, I did work for a local hardware that was a Stihl dealer doing their service work back in the late 80's through the mid 90's and it was a different story then, I've never worked for another OPE that carries Stihl since.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly? Ms461. The one I've run oils like crap, doesnt particularly have any great power either. It is a stocker, but I really expect it to be able to utilize a 24" bar better than it does. The 372xp the logging company bought before I left would smoke this thing.

Mutley

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to admit a chuckle a little every time I hear something like this, as the plastics on the 7900 are PA6-GF-30 which is the exact same plastic used by Stihl and Husky. Well I see some PA6-GF-15 on on Husky saws, but mostly GF-30. Pretty much all of it comes from DuPont.[emoji111]

Of the 3 saws in the picture, the Echo is the only one I still have. All 3 worked on the same jobs. You can see the degeneration in the plastics on the 660, but it had done a LOT of work by then. The 7901 was still quite new. Sadly I don't have pics, but it had holes like 10c coins in the clutch cover before it got much older.

I actually wash my saws after cutting palms, but on those 2, it didn't help. The Echo has light abrasions in the plastic around the chain brake on the inside of the clutch cover after 9+ years of the same work, but nothing like the 660 in the pic & definitely nothing like the 7901. I wouldn't know about Husqvarna, as I don't own any.

I cut Canary Island Date Palms & Washingtonia Palms quite regularly & they are the culprits. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the plastics?

7.12.11 118.jpg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of the 3 saws in the picture, the Echo is the only one I still have. All 3 worked on the same jobs. You can see the degeneration in the plastics on the 660, but it had done a LOT of work by then. The 7901 was still quite new. Sadly I don't have pics, but it had holes like 10c coins in the clutch cover before it got much older.

I actually wash my saws after cutting palms, but on those 2, it didn't help. The Echo has light abrasions in the plastic around the chain brake on the inside of the clutch cover after 9+ years of the same work, but nothing like the 660 in the pic & definitely nothing like the 7901. I wouldn't know about Husqvarna, as I don't own any.

I cut Canary Island Date Palms & Washingtonia Palms quite regularly & they are the culprits. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the plastics?

View attachment 142973
Have you tried coating the inside of the cover with WD40 or something like it to protect the metal?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 346's were hit and miss, some were dogs others were screamers. I have a mostly stock 346 that will hang with fully ported saws.
some of them was hot rod, some of them was turds.
I had a OE 2000 model with huge bewels in all ports, we needed to cut the base 35th to get rid most of them, that factory jug couldnt perform well the way it came from Mahle.
In their service manual they recomend us to mount the boot step by step to the jug, bellow, partition wall, clamp, one by one. This is something Husky never did themself, they slapped home the boot in one piece to the jug, hence why we quite often see a crack in the bellow around the impulse area.
346 is an amazing saw ergonomics, but their build quality was so-so.

Mutley

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried coating the inside of the cover with WD40 or something like it to protect the metal?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the metal actually holds up pretty good - I have a couple of HT75's that work mostly on palm fronds & the older one was bought new in 2003. It has some minimal pitting in the metal in the power head, but no big deal really. Come to think of it, the plastics on those hold up pretty good too.

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had 3 262xps 2 have been excellent runners, one was bought new by an old man and I don't know that he ever put it in wood. Sadly it had no power at all. A stock 346 easily had more power... the other 2 that wasn't the case... also had a ms362 that was the same... would bog and struggled with a 20" bar... with that said you really can't judge a particular saw by just running one of them. I never could figure out why both of them were so down on power...

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had 3 262xps 2 have been excellent runners, one was bought new by an old man and I don't know that he ever put it in wood. Sadly it had no power at all. A stock 346 easily had more power... the other 2 that wasn't the case... also had a ms362 that was the same... would bog and struggled with a 20" bar... with that said you really can't judge a particular saw by just running one of them. I never could figure out why both of them were so down on power...
I try not to base my opinion on one saw. Had a 576 that couldn’t hang with my cheap azz chinese cylinder 372 at the time. Complete pooch. I then ran another stock 576 later on that was impressive.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try not to base my opinion on one saw. Had a 576 that couldn’t hang with my cheap azz chinese cylinder 372 at the time. Complete pooch. I then ran another stock 576 later on that was impressive.
I had the same thing happen. Had one for demo, thought it was a dog. Picked a used up in mint condition and it was an EXCELLENT powerhead.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I call BS that's real truth!

Of course it was true....

mark_twain_truth_24_copy.jpg