The "I work with dumb people" thread

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
11:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday I get a repair order for a Suburban. Says heat works fine out of dash vents, but on floor vents blows hot, then gets colder after 15 minutes.

No codes in the HVAC module. Coolant level is ok. All modes switch, blower works on all speeds. Let it run, make sure coolant does not stop circulating ETC.
Service writer calls the customer. Customer comes in. Writer says, customer wants to talk to me, he says his issue is that I had turned the heat to full hot, and his problem is that when he has it set to 75*, it's not as hot as he would like....

Uh, yeah. If set at 75* isn't hot enough, how about 76*? Or, live on the edge and see if your eyes melt out of your head at 80*.
WTF.
Thermometer in duct showed air outlet temp at 77* with it set to 75*..

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have lifted jeeps with meaty off road tires come in complaining about vibrations and poor handling. Customers just wont accept that this vehicle is not a mercedes s class.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday I get a repair order for a Suburban. Says heat works fine out of dash vents, but on floor vents blows hot, then gets colder after 15 minutes.

No codes in the HVAC module. Coolant level is ok. All modes switch, blower works on all speeds. Let it run, make sure coolant does not stop circulating ETC.
Service writer calls the customer. Customer comes in. Writer says, customer wants to talk to me, he says his issue is that I had turned the heat to full hot, and his problem is that when he has it set to 75*, it's not as hot as he would like....

Uh, yeah. If set at 75* isn't hot enough, how about 76*? Or, live on the edge and see if your eyes melt out of your head at 80*.
WTF.

Take that person's keys away.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

WTF.
His name We Todd Did? :facepalm:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just this past week a new truck was sold that had chrome side steps/running boards.
Customer wanted black ones.
Truck came into the shop and one of the "guys" whom I will call J removed them.
J goes to parts and gets the black ones.
J pisses around for an hour, claims they wont fit.
J goes back to parts, manager calls GM, so on and so forth.
It's now been almost 2 hours on these, and each is held on by 8 easy to access bolts.
J gets the service manager, who is no genius himself, and shows him they wont fit.
Manager says "Take that step and put it on the other side of the truck"....
(The brackets are offset)
J responds with, "No, these are wrong. I have put these on before and the drivers side step is ALWAYS on top in the box".

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My service manager just handed me a repair order. He told me I had to get this car done today, as the lady who owns it was taking it on a trip this weekend out of the country.
I asked Canada or Mexico.
He responded with Minneapolis.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I came in to work today to this.
20190103_142556.jpg
The dude on the belt is known as chinnuts....
And the guy behind the pile is the one that knocked it over. Hes been here a year and half vs my 14 years and us the only person I've seen stab a 55 drum of glue with the fork lift.