High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Husqvarna 550XP

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Before or later we will all end up to work with one of those 5xx saws Brian.
He isnt the first one to knock off the muffler :D
To bad you dont live in Norway Brian, next time I ship over to US I gone trow in some 550 parts for your dad.

Preasure test is must do on them since AT hide small leaks, I had a 550 with blown PTO bearing amd the top end had survived!
The only update I would do is AT firmware upgrade, I read on a sweedish forum that Husky just updated their program.
Thanks Tor!

I'm sure I'll end up going through it sooner or later.

I'm guessing Dad will just go get another one. In the four years he's had it. He's cut around 500 cords of firewood. So it's got a ton of time on it and never had a bit of trouble with it.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Tor!

I'm sure I'll end up going through it sooner or later.

I'm guessing Dad will just go get another one. In the four years he's had it. He's cut around 500 cords of firewood. So it's got a ton of time on it and never had a bit of trouble with it.
my impression with those 550, if there is no mechanical failure with them inside the first 100 hours they are just as reliable as any other famous work hourse.

How have you been feel Tor? Getting back up to speed I hope.
thanks for asking Brian :)
Its going a bit up and down, my hearth doing good, but shoulder infection playing a game with me. They have started to speak about early pensioner plan for me

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before or later we will all end up to work with one of those 5xx saws Brian.
He isnt the first one to knock off the muffler :D
To bad you dont live in Norway Brian, next time I ship over to US I gone trow in some 550 parts for your dad.

Preasure test is must do on them since AT hide small leaks, I had a 550 with blown PTO bearing amd the top end had survived!
The only update I would do is AT firmware upgrade, I read on a sweedish forum that Husky just updated their program.
Should I consider updating my 2015 550 if it's been ported or leave well enough alone?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Read it in Sweeden, new firmware is 3.0.10, idle adjustment.
Im not a dealer, but maybe @Spike60 could check up all those firmwares and what changes they did.

I have a folder on each of these saws with all of the service bulletins and IPL updates. Thinking of hiring a private secretary to keep tract of it all. :rolleyes:

Most recent change has been to the firmware of the AT12 carb. The AT12'a can, could, may have a "die at idle" issue when new. So the deal is to load the new firmware, then do a reset on the fuel settings which puts the L setting at 90. Naturally the first runs of 550's with that carb don't have that. Affected serial numbers are 201610000481-20170300048. Anything after that will have the new settings, but I doubt there are any 2017's around yet. I have saws in that serial number range, and I'm just dong the update before I even put any fuel in them. Most of course won't and there will be all manner of threads about 550's stalling.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a folder on each of these saws with all of the service bulletins and IPL updates. Thinking of hiring a private secretary to keep tract of it all. :rolleyes:

Most recent change has been to the firmware of the AT12 carb. The AT12'a can, could, may have a "die at idle" issue when new. So the deal is to load the new firmware, then do a reset on the fuel settings which puts the L setting at 90. Naturally the first runs of 550's with that carb don't have that. Affected serial numbers are 201610000481-20170300048. Anything after that will have the new settings, but I doubt there are any 2017's around yet. I have saws in that serial number range, and I'm just dong the update before I even put any fuel in them. Most of course won't and there will be all manner of threads about 550's stalling.
Hi Bob. So if my saw falls within the affected serial number range updating wouldn't create any issues because the saw has been ported & muffler modified? Just wondering.:)
Chuck