The Freedom Saw

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgot to mention I went out Monday after work and ran about a tank thru this saw. Just had a 25" on it that needed touching up so I didn't make a video but it's a huge upgrade from the farmertec cylinder.

Great to hear, since I did not run the Farmtech, but that is what I thought. When I compared the first Cross to the OEM jug, the Cross ports were noticeably wider, and the port timing seemed better to me. (I think the ports are part way between OEM and a fully ported saw).

The plating on the Cross also looks better than on the Farmtech (to me, not that that means anything), but I hope it holds up well for you.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Great to hear, since I did not run the Farmtech, but that is what I thought. When I compared the first Cross to the OEM jug, the Cross ports were noticeably wider, and the port timing seemed better to me. (I think the ports are part way between OEM and a fully ported saw).

The plating on the Cross also looks better than on the Farmtech (to me, not that that means anything), but I hope it holds up well for you.
I wanted to do the grinding, filling with epoxy, to get more experience but oh well lol

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, you can still mod it further, like I stated, it just looks partially ported, so there should be more there, but it will give you a good start, and is even pretty strong if you just leave it as is.

I also like that it comes with Cabers, I think that is "big"!

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey, you can still mod it further, like I stated, it just looks partially ported, so there should be more there, but it will give you a good start, and is even pretty strong if you just leave it as is.

I also like that it comes with Cabers, I think that is "big"!
Yeah I think I'm gonna run class 1 now since there is no use in doing machine work to it. Squish was .018, and compression was 186 after the first heat cycle. Numbers are close that there won't be much grinding. I'll check to see if I can go any wider with the intake and exhaust. Also may raise the exhaust a couple degrees.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just gave the parts a scuffing with maroon Scotch Brite. Then soap and water bath. Air dry then a good wipe down with wax and grease remover. As soon as this dries it's time for some Bulldog adhesion promoter and some high build primerView attachment 80869 View attachment 80870
Oh man I'm excited!! You don't have to reinstall the name plate if you don't think it'll look right. It's all up to you

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
3 light drop coats of primer and everything is looking good so far. Maybe 2 more light primer coats tomorrow and it's time to get some colors figured out. Anyone care to throw out some 'MURICA suggestions before my twisted mind runs off on it's own? Hahaha View attachment 80898
Go crazy John! Have fun with it

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 light drop coats of primer and everything is looking good so far. Maybe 2 more light primer coats tomorrow and it's time to get some colors figured out. Anyone care to throw out some 'MURICA suggestions before my twisted mind runs off on it's own? Hahaha View attachment 80898
Ya got to sneak a Budweiser can on it somewhere for Dave lol.