The forestry and logging pictures thread

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Happy Friday !
These pictures of the Skagit BU-199 yarder are Wayne Stone's latest yarder that he purchased out of southern Oregon. This is the maiden voyage going to a job up Sweet creek near Mapleton, Or. I hope to get some videos to post. I heard this a downhill yarding job with 6" butts with some trees getting four 40' logs .
Thanks Ryan
Does the Schroeder family cut for them?

silveradol9h

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it was maybe 3 or 4 acres of gentle slope. We were able to quarter a lot of it up the hill for them actually.
Nice. I only ever had to downhill a few times. Once from the yarder seat and a couple times in the brush. Makes it interesting but can be a pain in the ass and usually a whole lot of extra work.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy Friday !
These pictures of the Skagit BU-199 yarder are Wayne Stone's latest yarder that he purchased out of southern Oregon. This is the maiden voyage going to a job up Sweet creek near Mapleton, Or. I hope to get some videos to post. I heard this a downhill yarding job with 6" butts with some trees getting four 40' logs .
Thanks Ryan

@NWWrench That’ll be some interesting photos make sure you got plenty of charge in yer
Phone no slackin

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I believe they contract for Wayne. Are you cutting on that job as well?
No, I cut for Huffman and Wright Logging out of Canyonville. I’ve just heard a bit about the Schroeder’s, and I believe I read in a Logger’s World magazine that they cut for Wayne Stone. I believe it was a father and son?

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, I cut for Huffman and Wright Logging out of Canyonville. I’ve just heard a bit about the Schroeder’s, and I believe I read in a Logger’s World magazine that they cut for Wayne Stone. I believe it was a father and son?
Yes, father and son. They are good guys. I only know them from the Estacada Timber festival

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's what happens when you lose your nerve with years off in Cedar.
I didn't cut up the bottom enough when I had the chance. Fired 4 Yellow cedar at it to break it downwards. It turned it's way down but didn't work so cleaned up the mess around it for it to be blasted then said f*ck it! Made my second safety trail on the low side under a solid 5'tree.
Every picture doesn't always tell a story.
Beautiful layed out trees got covered up and took me a couple hours to clean the junk off from the bulet trees.

Last edited: