The forestry and logging pictures thread

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This is kinda cool......

Like two magicians trying too entertain each other.

It was pretty funny when you caught the corner off the two stumps and peeled the that top strip off that hemlock. (Toped and ripped ..now that's service. Haha) The film is quicker than the eye. Don't think it would have worked if you went anymore left of the closest stump?..err ...um..unless you cut it off. I thought that strip off the hemlock was a small tree that was pinning the root wad down after you took your log and you set it up with a snap cut at first.

Yeah you just left a Russian and peeled it off.

Was the Hemlock junk? or was that conventional falling? It can very anyway.
Some big companies like interfor on heli in the B.C. don't fly less than spec wood with your 'white woods'. If lengths don't make a min of 17" top between spec lengths at a min of 27ft. then 37 & 17". That's your Balsam too. Grouped as
hem-bal on the bucking cards. Spruce is 20" and Yellow 15" to spec lengths.
Yeah, it's economic to take millions of dollar fines a year and let it rot. I love business, don't you?.

When they target red cedar then they make it almost impossible to take anything else. Spruce can't have no bigger than 1.5" branches, no spiral, no black in the branch collars. Often you can only get a beer can butt log of a 4-5 footer, then walk away.
You got some nice looking spruce in some of your vids.
A lot of snags when you fly over POW.
I usually say "Beatty from the sky and H_'ll on the ground... but it does look like h_ll from the sky from our perspective,, you have to admit?
Haha. I hope you dont hurt to bad today.
My deepest empathy, friend.

Last edited:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a334478196ae0dc2c86ab47f9edbe11f.jpg
c84664d4f193eedceccf109987a1ff79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a bad mistake by me. In a situation like this I usually leave wood on the high side of the face cut and finish the cut in a safe place. These big face cuts can cut your head clean off. Somthing to keep in mind. Hope everyone is doing well! Loving this community. Peace and love from Pat!

Very cool video , thanks for sharing and very well done.
Ryan.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy Friday !
These pictures of the Skagit BU-199 yarder are Wayne Stone's latest yarder that he purchased out of southern Oregon. This is the maiden voyage going to a job up Sweet creek near Mapleton, Or. I hope to get some videos to post. I heard this a downhill yarding job with 6" butts with some trees getting four 40' logs .
Thanks Ryan