The forestry and logging pictures thread

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven’t ran equipment enough to have much of an opinion. Bunched for a week, and shovel for a week. I log on our own place with a cat, but a power-saw is what I run daily. I sure liked the buncher though.

I’ve never ran a hot saw before always used a bar saw of some sort, true be told I don’t care for the lets cut the tree before we have a hold of it idea. You’d probably like a grapple or dangle style head it’s a lot like hand cutting plus you can cut a larger stem with them as well with multiple cuts on the stump. The main down sides to them can be maintenance can be higher depending on the operator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve never ran a hot saw before always used a bar saw of some sort, true be told I don’t care for the lets cut the tree before we have a hold of it idea. You’d probably like a grapple or dangle style head it’s a lot like hand cutting plus you can cut a larger stem with them as well with multiple cuts on the stump. The main down sides to them can be maintenance can be higher depending on the operator.

Yeah, it felt pretty weird cutting it, then grabbing it. I’d push them forward too much, then struggle with control on the bigger ones. Hand cutting seems to be a more natural fit for me, lol.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watch out for the head ache
3220a85bc865866ac4dac4318019c7cf.jpg
8aa6f1ee718c38ac4987580be0722326.jpg
bc14040150dcb3d1219d0dd15c8311dc.jpg

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jobs farthest away from the mechanics as well, lol.

Those are always the ones where a final or something major blows up too. The best part about those older machines is how simple they are to work on.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those are always the ones where a final or something major blows up too. The best part about those older machines is how simple they are to work on.

Yeah, and sometimes it is surprising how often they don’t break down compared to some of their nicer looking machines.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yup the older the better anymore
I was told on the new JD tractors that you can’t change your own oil.
When its time to change have to take it to dealership so they can do it and reset computer otherwise the software will shut it down.
WTH [emoji2959]
Idk, but if true that’s BS !!!!!!!

Sent from Hoskey Hills

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When its time to change have to take it to dealership so they can do it and reset computer otherwise the software will shut it down.
WTH [emoji2959]

Sent from Hoskey Hills
I wouldn’t be surprised

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WTH [emoji2959]

Sent from Hoskey Hills

I wouldn’t be surprised

It’s probably like my harvester where there’s alerts left and right as well as the owner has some options. Now if they forget DEF they can be shut down or the lovely filter gets plugged.