61b6fde58819bef4e453ab60eebfa8b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It is, only thing is it’s probably hard on that old girl we tried talking them into letting use a clambunk but a no drag policy killed that idea pretty quick.

That must be a little more difficult to maneuver in a thinning I would imagine.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That must be a little more difficult to maneuver in a thinning I would imagine.

Either way it’s a good learning experience, I can say if stuff isn’t dead perfect straight the trail has to be wider because of the tail sweep.
It’s like the old saying you can have 2 of the 3 but not all 3, you can have tight and straight, tight with trying to missing the best but have some tail sweep damage, or a little wider in spots where needed for ground conditions like old/2nd growth stumps pitch changes that the bunks will hook something.

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Either way it’s a good learning experience, I can say if stuff isn’t dead perfect straight the trail has to be wider because of the tail sweep.
It’s like the old saying you can have 2 of the 3 but not all 3, you can have tight and straight, tight with trying to missing the best but have some tail sweep damage, or a little wider in spots where needed for ground conditions like old/2nd growth stumps pitch changes that the bunks will hook something.

It sure made it more versatile. You’re not limited to just the shorties. Do you guys have a shovel for loading?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sure made it more versatile. You’re not limited to just the shorties. Do you guys have a shovel for loading?

Oh yeah a 93 Kobelco 200 that hasn’t cost us much to keep running over the years and is super easy on fuel. One of the local companies is loading 36’s with a forwarder but it’s sure a bugger to do plus the landings need to be bigger as well as they normally run on the roads year round.
018c351f606df1ea069dda829ecf36af.jpg

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh yeah a 93 Kobelco 200 that hasn’t cost us much to keep running over the years and is super easy on fuel. One of the local companies is loading 36’s with a forwarder but it’s sure a bugger to do plus the landings need to be bigger as well as they normally run on the roads year round.
018c351f606df1ea069dda829ecf36af.jpg

They seem like pretty good shovels. I’ll have to get some more pictures of some H&W equipment. Ancient Koehring shovels, to brand new Doosans.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m not sold on pierce myself it’s always been a Jewell fan they built us some pretty coool setups over the years. Pierce did build the purple people eaters though.

I haven’t ran equipment enough to have much of an opinion. Bunched for a week, and shovel for a week. I log on our own place with a cat, but a power-saw is what I run daily. I sure liked the buncher though.