Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I would hope so he must have a tale or two about these f86’s and f88’s
when these come out in the early 70’s it was the talk around town

I forgot too say this truck is still on the road and earning money I’ve seen
Him a few times around here he doesn’t need a tacho or a limiter or pay any road tax

He learned how to read using an Atlas & drinking Black Coffee in his Sippy Cup.

He didn’t wear a hat, just poured RainX on top & Combed it in with a windshield wiper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SOS Ridgerider

Somehow I believe you were in one of those Sonnie.

Yeah I would hope so he must have a tale or two about these f86’s and f88’s
when these come out in the early 70’s it was the talk around town

I forgot too say this truck is still on the road and earning money I’ve seen
Him a few times around here he doesn’t need a tacho or a limiter or pay any road tax

He learned how to read using an Atlas & drinking Black Coffee in his Sippy Cup.

He didn’t wear a hat, just poured RainX on top & Combed it in with a windshield wiper.

Lol. I never got to drive any of those trucks, but my dad had an F86 with a rear mount knuckle boom on it. We also had a second F86 with a dumpster lift on it.
I grew up in those trucks with my dad and my grandfather behind the wheel.

Oldest truck I ever had myself was a 1976 Bedford TK, wide fender style, 3 way dump and front mounted knuckle boom. Bought it from an oldtimer that treated me like I was his own son. That truck had been babied from day one, and was in great working condition. Perkins Diesel, no turbo. It was slow, but moved at pretty much the same speed fully loaded or empty. Lol. Short wheelbase which made it perfect for getting into peoples yards in the older neighborhoods.

There is a moving company in my hometown, a buddy of mine still works there, and they had an F89 tractor in service until about 10-15 years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised if it still has plates on it, and is occasionally used. They sent my buddy to Finland in that truck in the early 2000’s, and everywhere he stopped the old guys would flock around him getting all nostalgic and teary eyed. Lol

There was also a version called G, instead of F, and it had the front axle pretty much at the front bumper. Specialty model to get around some of the axle load allowances in certain areas. Mostly because of bridges, I believe.
Looked very similar to a lot of the older COE’s here in the US, with the steps behind the front wheel.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I never got to drive any of those trucks, but my dad had an F86 with a rear mount knuckle boom on it. We also had a second F86 with a dumpster lift on it.

Oldest truck I ever had myself was a 1976 Bedford TK, wide fender style, 3 way dump and front mounted knuckle boom. Bought it from an oldtimer that treated me like I was his own son. That truck had been babied from day one, and was in great working condition. Perkins Diesel, no turbo. It was slow, but moved at pretty much the same speed fully loaded or empty. Lol. Short wheelbase which made it perfect for getting into peoples yards in the older neighborhoods.

There is a moving company in my hometown, a buddy of mine still works there, and they had an F89 tractor in service until about 10-15 years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised if it still has plates on it, and is occasionally used. They sent my buddy to Finland in that truck in the early 2000’s, and everywhere he stopped the old guys would flock around him getting all nostalgic and teary eyed. Lol

There was also a version called G, instead of F, and it had the front axle pretty much at the front bumper. Specialty model to get around some of the axle load allowances in certain areas. Mostly because of bridges, I believe.
Looked very similar to a lot of the older COE’s here in the US, with the steps behind the front wheel.

I told Y’all.

Sonnie wore out his 1st clutch before he turnt 9.

Ol’ Smooth Top is A Chicken Coup dodging, gear jammer from way back, with the seat let up.

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Great story Sondre Didn’t realise they made a G

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great story Sondre Didn’t realise they made a G

0635a0a477f11a8347ea7a3a0ef907f8.jpg

That Sonnie is a smart fellow.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see you saved the pic of me before the fireplace incident at the NY GTG. Muh hair burnt clean off, and never grew back.

I did!!

My Condolences to the Hair. At least we finally found the switch.