jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like some pretty low-value sticks to be using that machine on?
As an aside, what do people consider the better delimber option - stroke or rollers? Strokes seem clumsy and a bit slow. Are they cheaper to buy or maintain?

It's hard to tell what the goal is in the picture- it's likely either a stewardship contract or a fuels reduction contract on government ground. Some of those contracts can be quite lucrative as the wood is usually sold cheaply and the contractor is free to market it however they wish. One contractor here made good money on a fire break contract by selling all the hardwood to a furniture mill.

I've never operated one but friends who have told me that being in the cab of a stroke de-limber for eight or more hours is brutal on the back, due to the jarring motion of the machine.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's hard to tell what the goal is in the picture- it's likely either a stewardship contract or a fuels reduction contract on government ground. Some of those contracts can be quite lucrative as the wood is usually sold cheaply and the contractor is free to market it however they wish. One contractor here made good money on a fire break contract by selling all the hardwood to a furniture mill.

I've never operated one but friends who have told me that being in the cab of a stroke de-limber for eight or more hours is brutal on the back, due to the jarring motion of the machine.
Thanks JJ. Happy New Year too. You're one of the good'ns that's for sure.