The dogs of OPEforum

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is my Australian shepherd Jake. I've always been a pick of the litter type of guy until this guy. Jake was the last dog left of a litter my dad bought a pup out of 5 years ago. The guy called my dad back and said he had one pup left and he couldn't find a taker for him. Dad paid $650 for his pup and I liked the looks of her. I called the guy back and long story short I bought Jake for $75 just so he could get rid of him. He's hands down the smartest dog I've ever owned. I wouldn't trade him for anything. And yes he's spoiled rotten. View attachment 11502 View attachment 11503

Beautiful dog. Was he the runt of the litter?

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. No he wasn't. The guy I got him from said he was very independent as a pup and always did his own thing. When people would come over to look at the pups, they would be tumbling all over each other and he would just be doing his own thing. He thought that turned a lot of people off. He is a dead ringer for his father.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here are my two dogs- Caesar and Gizmo.
Caesar:
20141109_161301_zpsnxnyxoah.jpg

Gizmo:
gizmo_zpsoqvkud2w.jpg

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. No he wasn't. The guy I got him from said he was very independent as a pup and always did his own thing. When people would come over to look at the pups, they would be tumbling all over each other and he would just be doing his own thing. He thought that turned a lot of people off. He is a dead ringer for his father.
That's exactly why all those years ago I picked my first Australian Shepard. He was so tough he wouldn't sleep in the pile with the rest of the pups at three weeks old. He's been gone a long time and i still miss him.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ResizedImage951384830524300_zps0pcvhsm_edit_1396306736233_zpsag6qouyy.jpg

ResizedImage951356315428885_zps3zvnf7gc.jpg

My cat.
Wife isn't a dog person, so my boy and I had to settle on a miniature version of what we really wanted. She's actually a very good dog, not a yappy ankle biter. Someday I'll have a full-size Doberman.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
our new addition "Callie" checking out "bucky"the ram. supposed to be a blue healer/border collie. i know the mother was BH but not sure about the dad.
View attachment 13186

I'd say dad being a Border Collie is pretty good bet. Neighbor has a Australian Shepard /Border Collie. That dog is a machine. I swear he could herd rhinos.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say dad being a Border Collie is pretty good bet. Neighbor has a Australian Shepard /Border Collie. That dog is a machine. I swear he could herd rhinos.
my last dog Rover was a smooth coated BC. smarter than most people i know. i'd see a sheep out in the back pasture(500yards) and tell him to put the sheep in.he'd cover that ground and have the sheep in in nothing flat. only dog i ever saw that could stack 9 frisbees and carry them all back to me. i'll get some pics off the zip drive,