The dogs of OPEforum

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@merc_man Is she older? I have a 14 year old chihuahua that has an arthritis issue that flairs up usually with weather just like me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@merc_man Is she older? I have a 14 year old chihuahua that has an arthritis issue that flairs up usually with weather just like me.

Just over 8 years old. Forgot to mention she favored that leg about 2 months ago maybe. Bit only a couple day. This time just seems worse. She still seems quite happy. She maybe seemed a little better this morning when i took her out but wont leave her mat in the house.
292958ebc9e3b51c1a923cacee42593a.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just over 8 years old. Forgot to mention she favored that leg about 2 months ago maybe. Bit only a couple day. This time just seems worse. She still seems quite happy. She maybe seemed a little better this morning when i took her out but wont leave her mat in the house.

Something in her paw? Maybe she cut into a nerve at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Might have hurt a pad on that foot. At that age could also be arthritis

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something in her paw? Maybe she cut into a nerve at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her paws are so dam hairy its hard to see lol.
Will have to try and get a better look.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wondered too about arthritis. Thats about the age my black lab was when her hips started giving her trouble.
Might have hurt a pad on that foot. At that age could also be arthritis

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My dog is having trouble with her back leg maybe hip. What happenedwas we took her for a walk on saturday. She was fine after that. Sunday morning she had a limp. By night time sunday it seemed to get worse. Now she can barly walk on it. I got to carry her outside to go washroom. She try to walk a little on three legs when i when i have her outside. Sonn as back in she lays on her mat for hours on end till i force her to go out.

I can feel around her leg and hip. She dont yipe or flinch as though it hurts. We got her some pain drops from the pet store hoping it would help. Was hoping it was maybe a sprane( not that thats good either) but starting to worry it maybe worse.
Anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong. Im afraid if we take her to vet they will charge an arm and a leg and worse case sinario maybe have to put down.

Yes, Just like me and the avatar, We both have arthritis so bad that we can hardly walk. Especially, Retriever dogs, As they have hip problems. Check for bumps under her chest and belly.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well i must really love my dog. Took her in today to get checked and walked out 1400 bucks later. Pick her up tomorrow afternoon. Surgery today if they can get her stable if not in the morning.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well i must really love my dog. Took her in today to get checked and walked out 1400 bucks later. Pick her up tomorrow afternoon. Surgery today if they can get her stable if not in the morning.

What they say wrong with her bud

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What they say wrong with her bud

She has pyametra ( spelling may be off)
Infection in her female orgins. I was thinking of having a batch of puos from her bit never did. If you get them fixed they wont get this.

My black lab i had years ago had the same thing but she was six when she got it.

The vet called little bit ago. She is too dehydrated to have surgury tonight so first thing tomorrow morning. Pick her up tomorrow after work and bring her back home.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She has pyametra ( spelling may be off)
Infection in her female orgins. I was thinking of having a batch of puos from her bit never did. If you get them fixed they wont get this.

My black lab i had years ago had the same thing but she was six when she got it.

The vet called little bit ago. She is too dehydrated to have surgury tonight so first thing tomorrow morning. Pick her up tomorrow after work and bring her back home.

Been there bud. Our 11 year old lab had something going on with her eye and 4 months and 2k later she is fine and dandy just with one eye now. She had a tumor causing pressure so they had to take it out. I didn’t get it tested as that was another few hundred dollars but I’m just glad she’s back to normal and still hogging the bed at night. She’s my baby and I wasn’t ready to lose her so out comes the wallet to keep her with me.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been there bud. Our 11 year old lab had something going on with her eye and 4 months and 2k later she is fine and dandy just with one eye now. She had a tumor causing pressure so they had to take it out. I didn’t get it tested as that was another few hundred dollars but I’m just glad she’s back to normal and still hogging the bed at night. She’s my baby and I wasn’t ready to lose her so out comes the wallet to keep her with me.
Ya its a tough call to make. But they are family and ya just dont give up on them. I will have to work a few extra saturdays to pay for it but she will be wagin her tail when i come home which makes it worth it at the end of the day.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya its a tough call to make. But they are family and ya just dont give up on them. I will have to work a few extra saturdays to pay for it but she will be wagin her tail when i come home which makes it worth it at the end of the day.

Very happy to hear!