Country flag

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think they’ve been used to hunt every type of game animal known
Same with curs.like i said the main diff is the nose as a hound is more cold track were a cur is a hot track and curs bark when game is bayed or in sight were a hound is more bark on track. It has to due with what your style of hunting is

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Same with curs.like i said the main diff is the nose as a hound is more cold track were a cur is a hot track and curs bark when game is bayed or in sight were a hound is more bark on track. It has to due with what your style of hunting is
Either way there is nothing like hunting with a dog you have raised and trained your self. A great since of pride weather it be for squirrels all the way up to dangerous game.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Either way there is nothing like hunting with a dog you have raised and trained your self. A great since of pride weather it be for squirrels all the way up to dangerous game.
Agreed ive had catch dogs ive trained bay dogs,pointers and retrivers.i was only stating it depends what your style of hunting you prefer as to wich breed is suited for you.its like building a fishing rod you built or a lure you made that catches that trophy fish.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed ive had catch dogs ive trained bay dogs,pointers and retrivers.i was only stating it depends what your style of hunting you prefer as to wich breed is suited for you.its like building a fishing rod you built or a lure you made that catches that trophy fish.
Yeah I knew what you was getting at no offence was taken by your comment.

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is Baxter. He's a yellow lab. He was about 8 weeks in the first pic.

766baxter.png

He's a great camper and loves to camp. I'm so glad he's not afraid of the camp fire, like my previous dog was. He likes to chew on wood, so the toy's come cheap and he says entertained.

20170902_130154.jpg

Here he's about 5 months, and still growing like a weed. Weighed him last week and he was 36 pounds. He's getting pretty smart, just need to train him what to do and he catches on pretty quick.

20171102_160026.jpg

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is Baxter. He's a yellow lab. He was about 8 weeks in the first pic.

View attachment 101068

He's a great camper and loves to camp. I'm so glad he's not afraid of the camp fire, like my previous dog was. He likes to chew on wood, so the toy's come cheap and he says entertained.

View attachment 101069

Here he's about 5 months, and still growing like a weed. Weighed him last week and he was 36 pounds. He's getting pretty smart, just need to train him what to do and he catches on pretty quick.

View attachment 101073
Good looking lab

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks! He grew out of the aww cute stage quickly..........and into the I'm teenager and do what I want....stage. Shock collar has greatly help correct that though.
I just had to buy new batteries for mine last night. My 4 month old blue-tick coon dog decided he was a blue-healer for a little bit last night while coon hunting. Run some cows around the pasture.

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just had to buy new batteries for mine last night. My 4 month old blue-tick coon dog decided he was a blue-healer for a little bit last night while coon hunting. Run some cows around the pasture.
This is the first shock collar I've had for a dog. It was bought at Menards. Are there better quality ones or are they pretty much all the same? I only ask as it gives a range, and well Baxter is pretty fast, I'm afraid he could run out of range and then good luck trying to get him to come back. He's wanted to chase some birds when we were on a walk through the bean field. I'd love to let him loose and roam, but stay within 100 feet of me.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the first shock collar I've had for a dog. It was bought at Menards. Are there better quality ones or are they pretty much all the same? I only ask as it gives a range, and well Baxter is pretty fast, I'm afraid he could run out of range and then good luck trying to get him to come back. He's wanted to chase some birds when we were on a walk through the bean field. I'd love to let him loose and roam, but stay within 100 feet of me.
There’s lots of better ones nowadays. If I knew how to add links I’d show you. Just google long range shock collar for dogs. Some are pricey though

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There’s lots of better ones nowadays. If I knew how to add links I’d show you. Just google long range shock collar for dogs. Some are pricey though
I have a tri-tronic classic 70s that has a 1 mile range on it. Never tried it at that range but I bet its pretty close to that anyways.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a tri-tronic classic 70s that has a 1 mile range on it. Never tried it at that range but I bet its pretty close to that anyways.
Sounds like the same one I have. Haven’t had to use it on last two dogs though. Buddy of mine has one of the Garmin’s that is track and train. Supposed to shock at about same distance as it’ll track. Only time ive ever used a tracker is when we would go far off from home or to another state.