Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally did some actual work with the 266xp. Other than a new style windowed piston and the flap cut out of the exhaust outlet, is pretty much stock. I put a semi chisel chain with a good grind on it. What a pleasure it was to cut firewood with. This is one saw that lives up to the hype.

IMG_20170526_125126230.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally did some actual work with the 266xp. Other than a new style windowed piston and the flap cut out of the exhaust outlet, is pretty much stock. I put a semi chisel chain with a good grind on it. What a pleasure it was to cut firewood with. This is one saw that lives up to the hype.

View attachment 71573
Everybody get's pissed when i cut a tree across the road.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The two series was the golden days for Husqvarna in my humble opinion.

I don't think 2xx series saws will ever fall out of being relevant.

Everybody get's pissed when i cut a tree across the road.

Well Dave that ain't a road it's a driveway and I didn't fall it there I dragged it up a hill out of a swamp for easier retrieval purposes. It looked something like this.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well Dave that ain't a road it's a driveway and I didn't fall it there I dragged it up a hill out of a swamp for easier retrieval purposes. It looked something like this.

I like cutting in the road nothing to trip over easy to drag limbs easy to block lol
I do quite a bit of clearing my road they don't cut tree's back like they used too
Must cost to much.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I would rather like that tracked loader !!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like cutting in the road nothing to trip over easy to drag limbs easy to block lol
I do quite a bit of clearing my road they don't cut tree's back like they used too
Must cost to much.

It's perfect if you can send the top over to the other side of the road, no limb dragging.

I would rather like that tracked loader !!

Hey there Simon. That's ol' Hurdy Gurdy Girl. She's slow, but still darn handy at times.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been doing some more cutting with the little 51 and the 266. I keep reaching for the 51 until the wood gets bigger and I switch to the 266. I guess I like them both well enough to keep them around. Even with semi chisel chain the 266 is just plain ol' mean.

IMG_20170609_145756081.jpg

agee.ronaldj

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Today's cut report; not too good! Was cutting the rest of the pile of wood I started yesterday, ran the Poulan 306A with a freshly sharpened chain long enough to be happy with it. So I broke the 272xp back out to "get real" was doing fine cutting and moving wood out of the way for when the splitter comes back. I went to restart the saw and KAPOW! Blew the fargin' muffler apart at the seams. What the...How in the...Oh...Definitely a first for me. Was shooting exhaust up at the top cover so I decided to use lever B and got another saw. Finished last large log with 281xp as I wanted to see how the new skip tooth chain worked. Cut really well even with the 32" bar buried. Problem arose when I pulled it out of a cut, the holes I drilled in the end for a helper handle and auxiliary oiler had the bar hung up being full of chip. Guess a new bar is in order and save the other just for milling.
I still can't believe my 272 is back on the bench, it was running so good...

View attachment 36440
I could use this method to get those old rusted mufflers apart!!!!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a bittersweet cut report and took a bit of time to get to the end. With help from @Mastermind I modified my 272xp to go play with at a GTG. A new piston was decided on, so first off i ordered up a Meteor from HL Supply, as this was the minimum quality settled upon. Emphasis was placed by myself that this still had to be a work saw first and foremost, play saw extreme would not do. So a very minimalist approach was taken here. First thing that was done was the timing checked while the saw still was in running condition. Then a pop up piston was chosen to be made, so I made up a fixture and cut the piston up and then dropped the cylinder to the desired squish. With a degree wheel in place the timing was advanced to the degree chosen within less than a half degree of accuracy. Just the exhaust port was widened, the intake not touched and the transfers just cleaned up. Not bad for a redneck with a file. The Raisman muffler was already modified by myself with a Red97 deflector.
Then it happened, after the first fire up, tune and initial cuts it was found that the crankshaft was going bad at the lower bearing. Not having another handy, the saw would have to stay home until I got back. When I did a new Tecomec crankshaft was waiting for me, and was installed shortly after. After reassembling the saw for a second time, I could finally run it. And run it did, was amazed how well with the seemingly minor changes made.

The Stump Master 272

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a bittersweet cut report and took a bit of time to get to the end. With help from @Mastermind I modified my 272xp to go play with at a GTG. A new piston was decided on, so first off i ordered up a Meteor from HL Supply, as this was the minimum quality settled upon. Emphasis was placed by myself that this still had to be a work saw first and foremost, play saw extreme would not do. So a very minimalist approach was taken here. First thing that was done was the timing checked while the saw still was in running condition. Then a pop up piston was chosen to be made, so I made up a fixture and cut the piston up and then dropped the cylinder to the desired squish. With a degree wheel in place the timing was advanced to the degree chosen within less than a half degree of accuracy. Just the exhaust port was widened, the intake not touched and the transfers just cleaned up. Not bad for a redneck with a file. The Raisman muffler was already modified by myself with a Red97 deflector.
Then it happened, after the first fire up, tune and initial cuts it was found that the crankshaft was going bad at the lower bearing. Not having another handy, the saw would have to stay home until I got back. When I did a new Tecomec crankshaft was waiting for me, and was installed shortly after. After reassembling the saw for a second time, I could finally run it. And run it did, was amazed how well with the seemingly minor changes made.

The Stump Master 272

Looks and sounds good Steve.