The Cut Report - After the Bench

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been old! But the last two folks that have owned the next property up the hill have no idea of directing drainage. It drives me nuts when people do dirt work and have no clue about surface water flow. Things were great until about 2.5 yrs ago when the first digit moved in and the second one made it even worse with his foolishness

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No town out here @MustangMike Heck a friend of my wife is fighting with her city gov now because they did work about 1.5 yrs ago and if she gets a rain at her place like I get here.... her house floods.
The water coming through my place ends up exactly where it did before but takes a different route to get there now.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe there is a Federal law making a person responsible for the drain water that come off of their property.

Does anyone enforce zoning where you are? Building permits???

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No zoning no building permits in the county. Don’t know what federal law says about it, but the legal fees are next too impossible to deal With.
The same man owned both plots out here I couldn’t afford the plot with his commercial shop when I bought my house. He rented it about 2yrs ago for 1.5 yrs. they messed it up first I had all mine good to go then, the folks that bought it 4 months ago have messed it up again. I’m about ready to go in cahoots with the other neighbor that’s totally pissed and build dykes on our property’s backing up to the downhill slopes of the problem property. That’ll yank a knot in his tail for sure!

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been old! But the last two folks that have owned the next property up the hill have no idea of directing drainage. It drives me nuts when people do dirt work and have no clue about surface water flow. Things were great until about 2.5 yrs ago when the first digit moved in and the second one made it even worse with his foolishness

If yer in the hill country, the MUD or the County might have guidelines. It's important to drain things right there as it can get crazy during the storms. I used to live in N. Austin, Round Rock, and Georgetown.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/c...QM0GK6-dTfRgDmiMQUUVtAbHiMp08-r8intS1G3SHhr_E

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@00wyk Not quite in the hill country, yeah those granite and hard lime hills are horrible to drain! I believe those guidelines would fall under LCRA.

I actually only live about 45 min from the general area you used to live in.

These storms as of late have flat pounded us. Ground is nearly saturated and then in comes another wave of hard heavy rain.

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not quite in the hill country, yeah those granite and hard lime hills are horrible to drain! I believe those guidelines would fall under LCRA.
These storms as of late have flat pounded us. Ground is nearly saturated and then in comes another wave of hard heavy rain.

Man, I miss me some Q. Even just sumfin like a breakfast taco from Rudy's right about now would be nice. Man, been so long since I was in BD's that this is image is from slide film!

2035531.bd1.jpg

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven’t ever been to bone daddy’s I like Cooper’s down in llano. I steer clear of Austin if I can. To many weirdos down there. Wait lines at most of the bbq joints now are horrendous.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven’t ever been to bone daddy’s I like Cooper’s down in llano. I steer clear of Austin if I can. To many weirdos down there. Wait lines at most of the bbq joints now are horrendous.

We got Cooper's covered, mang:

35111.coopers.JPG

And Rudy's:
130253.rudys.JPG

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t forget Smitty’s and Blacks in Lockhart.
Opa’s locker in Fredericksburg has some dang good dry smoked sausage, and Kochkaese! Even though they have changed their supplier of kochkaese it’s still pretty good.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the 346 saga continues, developed a wandering idle. Pressure and vac revealed leak around the boot. New seals, carb kit, metal clamp partition wall all installed. Get it all back together and now leaking from the impulse joint between boot and partition. Finally got it to seat with some finagling, passed press and vac, fire it up get it good and warm and back to the wandering idle. Re test, guess where it’s leaking from.... you guessed it, impulse nipple. New boot on the way from CCC. Couldn’t hardly find an OEM for less than $35+shipping.
Did some mild porting on it, un shrouded the lowers blended that transition. Gasket matched the exhaust. Ended up with a few grinder marks that wouldn’t polish out real well sanding. Bevels didn’t catch anything from a cotton ball.

Then into 4 wash rinse repeat cycles
2525454C-1BE8-4DD9-B61B-FD8D5F2EEB30.jpeg 08B0AAFD-0414-4404-ACF8-EE40F9C4F55A.jpeg

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m about to throw this thing across the shop! Pressure and vac tested perfect after I put new boot on and recessed the partition wall part of the crank cases. Taped Saran Wrap to the crank case sealing the crank from any chips and worked with a vacuum to pull chips while reliving that part so it wasn’t pushing up on the plastic of the partition wall. Tuned it and it idled fine for quite a while made several test cuts and boom all of a sudden it ran away in the cut just as hot and high as you please. Pretty sure i see streaks on the intake side through the exhaust port. New fuel line,filter, carb kit and carb run for 45 min in ultra sonic all passages clear. New seals and boot. I don’t know what else could possible be leaking or blocking fuel flow.
So after the bench cut report! FAILED!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m about to throw this thing across the shop! Pressure and vac tested perfect after I put new boot on and recessed the partition wall part of the crank cases. Taped Saran Wrap to the crank case sealing the crank from any chips and worked with a vacuum to pull chips while reliving that part so it wasn’t pushing up on the plastic of the partition wall. Tuned it and it idled fine for quite a while made several test cuts and boom all of a sudden it ran away in the cut just as hot and high as you please. Pretty sure i see streaks on the intake side through the exhaust port. New fuel line,filter, carb kit and carb run for 45 min in ultra sonic all passages clear. New seals and boot. I don’t know what else could possible be leaking or blocking fuel flow.
So after the bench cut report! FAILED!

Can't "like" that one.
Back to the bench with it.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well she’s back up and running
10,800 letting it do its thing w square ground archer. About 9,600 leaning on it. It seems to have pretty good pull I tried going up on rpm but it just doesn’t like it. It’s setting at 13,900 rpm no load but was still four stroking at 14,500 didn’t go higher than that because it seemed like it was loosing torque.

Wood is red oak

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome! What was leaking on it?

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome! What was leaking on it?
Never could find a leak. It got torn down to cases. Everything but the crank replaced.
Only thing I can figure is that the impulse nipple in the boot wasn’t seated just right.
50 cc top end ground on hda191 carb. 359 filter and mount every layer of the impulse setup was coated with hondabond and pressed firmly in place. Stainless spring in the impulse line to keep it from kinking.