beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't really know. I've read where some say they don't advance the timing on some Huskies. As a rule, I always do. But like Mason said, there are so many different coils that what applies to one doesn't apply to the next. Especially after seeing some coils advance through 10k rpm, some do nothing, and some continually retard timing as rpm increases.
I didn't advance the timing on the NE with blue coil and probably won't. This one has the unlimited coil. I'ma head out here in a few and tear it back down.

Just got stuff squared away with the sickly child.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't advance the timing on the NE with blue coil and probably won't. This one has the unlimited coil. I'ma head out here in a few and tear it back down.

Just got stuff squared away with the sickly child.

might be a good thing to try then with the black coil, hope your child gets better soon.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t get it to work either. I never realized that was his saw. I got that saw before I signed up here. In that case thanks xp I have really enjoyed it.
Glad it’s been good to you. I traded that saw to Dustin for a 288 builder and haven’t regretted it at all. Well, maybe a little. That was the first saw I ever bought new, picked it up in February of 09’.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glad it’s been good to you. I traded that saw to Dustin for a 288 builder and haven’t regretted it at all. Well, maybe a little. That was the first saw I ever bought new, picked it up in February of 09’.
If I ever run in to you I’m not going to let you run it. I don’t want to have to give it back. Lol it’s really my most used saw.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
might be a good thing to try then with the black coil

I removed a good 2/3 of the key and put a fresh file on the chain. Seems to have picked up quite a bit.

Everything is new so it's gonna gain as it breaks in. I'll still go back in the cylinder and tweak a few things.

Video tomorrow... maybe.[emoji14]

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I removed a good 2/3 of the key and put a fresh file on the chain. Seems to have picked up quite a bit.

Everything is new so it's gonna gain as it breaks in. I'll still go back in the cylinder and tweak a few things.

Video tomorrow... maybe.[emoji14]

...or maybe not. :(