The Crude "Hammer & Chisel" Built "Farmer Jones" Huztl 54mm MS660

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JUST to show not everything has to be pretty to work...:) Just for fun...and the one in the video's with the "Cross Performance" and "Hyway" cylinder builds......And I STOP the video once the bottom end/cylinder/muffler are done. Won't drag u through a build to completion...:)

(Truly a "Simple Tools" build for those who don't have a machine shop)

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JUST to show not everything has to be pretty to work...:) Just for fun...and the one in the video's with the "Cross Performance" and "Hyway" cylinder builds......And I STOP the video once the bottom end/cylinder/muffler are done. Won't drag u through a build to completion...:)

(Truly a "Simple Tools" build for those who don't have a machine shop)

Have you taken it back apart and raised the intake .050-.060 yet :risas3:. I kept thinking how you said I feel sorry for whoever has to take it apart :sifone:

D B Cooper

44:1 Bel-Ray MC1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am thinking of getting one of those saw in a box kits. What modifications does it need
to make it a good running dependable firewood saw.
Thanks

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Typically working around a lousy chain adjuster (shims work), a better decom gets you cutting firewood. Each one is a little different but not really much between the box and a firewood capable saw.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm about 95% on ordering one just to learn how to build a saw. Hell I have a wood stove and a hammer lol.

vtrombly1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always love that unpainted hunk of brass reminds me of cyclops....

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if I did that on my saw I'm not sure i could emotionally handle the unpainted brass.... pretty sure my hand would be reachin for the hi temp flat black as soon as the brass cooled lol

vtrombly1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's that calling card of a farm built saw though lol...sure shows off you did it in a big way doesn't it lol? That was one of my favorite things about cyclops big ugly brute but wow did she cut. Had imperfections in a workable peice. In machining it's no different your always fighting something whether its hole depth..a taper...always adjusting as the piece heats up...It's all a symphony of components working together.