The Cross Performance 066 Top End

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now we need a Cross MMWS cylinder for the 440 kit! That would be sweet!

Or, do a 044/440 competition to find the prototype!

Some of the stock cylinders, w/o a base gasket, run awful darn strong!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of coarse there will be consistency issues with China produced cylinders, it seems to be the common theme with AM parts but.... this is the first time I have seen something different in this field where a few motivated people have got together and linked the gap between performance tuner and cylinder casting facility. Not to offer a super expensive product but an affordable performance enhanced bolt on product with good numbers to begin with. I think its freak'in fantastic! This thread prooves they care about what they are doing and what problems there possibly are. I hope Cross Performance is a success so we can look forward to other products in the future.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe a kit for Stihl 026 as well. They are very popular with tens of thousands out there. They respond very well to the upgrades and become a stout little saw.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question.

Has anyone had a crack at further porting on one of these yet?

I did not, but I may try a little "first time porting" on the one I'm getting with the 660 kit.

I know Randy has expressed that there is still "meat left on the bone". It is meant to be an improvement, but not the ultimate performer. Too many variables to incorporate that into a production kit. Instead, you want them "all" to work!

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have bought a techomec 361 cylinder too but adding that over doubles the postage?
2 piston and cylinders and about $80 Australian postage?
I have had a lot more than that sent to me for a lot less from the states.
I have spoken to other people that are non USA and they avoid HLS due to the postage costs.
It will cost me $120+ Australian to get it here at 51% off and its got a plated squish band so I cant really atack it like I can an OEM top end.

Im going to have to pass, even on special as these are only really realistic for UAS buyers.
Too much for a Chinese casting I cant cut the squish band on.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe a kit for Stihl 026 as well. They are very popular with tens of thousands out there. They respond very well to the upgrades and become a stout little saw.

I've built hundreds of the 1121 series. There are several builders that port the 026 and MS260. Thus far I am not certain that there is even a reliable aftermarket source for the 1121 series. I tried a Hyway a few years ago (no offence intended to our gracious sponsors here -- but it was a dog). Some of the Meteor's I've seen have not been impressive, although it has been a while. Usually I seek to use an OEM cylinder, though I have used quite a few Meteor pistons with very good results. I'm in for a very good manufactured cylinder with better numbers. Your idea is a very good one RI!