Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looked like Red Oak.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
2:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
DANGER Will Rogers DANGER!!!!

DO NOT install the muffler w/o enlarging the opening, or you will be defeating the design of the cylinder.
Mike thanks for this thread,I have one of these coming so very useful information!
I feel sure it was your autocorrect but I believe you meant to say "Danger Will Robinson Danger "
Although I like Will Rogers also!
But a great looking, sounding saw if it was only a Dolmar would be perfect....

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have put 2 of the Cross p/c on now.

The first one was great looking and I just ran light emery over the port edges, washed it out and it was ready to bolt on.
.018 sq with a gasket. Ran real well but,I had no b4 to compare it to as it was blowed up when it was brought to me. He is very happy with the way it runs.

2nd one not near like the 1st.
Only part of the ports were beveled and the part that was were real deep. Both the bottom of the ex and int were sharp and needed attention.

Sq was .031 with a gasket ruling out removal without more work. I have a few that tight and they are very temperamental saws.
Not what I was expecting.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was the type of oak you we cutting?

That is Red Oak. Dropped it last year, and plan to mill some of it, but had some extra length for testing!

Going to mill a 7.5' section into 2" boards, then going to use the smaller piece for 4" thick legs, but the legs don't need to be 4.5' long! So we had some good test wood!

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That is what I meant, but I'm to blame, fading memory!!! Thanks for the correction.
My memory is definitely kaput! I am lucky to remember my son named Will much less either one of those Will's.
But again I appreciate this thread,like I said I am going to be learning the ins and outs and idiosyncrasies of one of these shortly. So you have definitely given me a head start..
Matt

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The first one was great looking and I just ran light emery over the port edges, washed it out and it was ready to bolt on.
.018 sq with a gasket. Ran real well but,I had no b4 to compare it to as it was blowed up when it was brought to me. He is very happy with the way it runs.

Only part of the ports were beveled and the part that was were real deep. Both the bottom of the ex and int were sharp and needed attention.

Sq was .031 with a gasket ruling out removal without more work. I have a few that tight and they are very temperamental saws.

See?

That's *B-S.....

Fuggin Asians

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Which saws?
Both the same model?