High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The choice of Carb fuel pump diaphragms

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sometime there are different pump diaphragms in carb kits. What they are made of "May" influence what you put in your carb. We often do not see the OEM fitted one so this picture might be a help.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 22.35.59.png

I have often found (not always) the blue/clear /shiny black one in a Zama /Walbro and swapped out to a rubberized or teflon one if using a non genuine kit.
Edit: for clarification ....
This picture i have found out has connection to the world of model planes and as such the comment about "Over Pumping " may be more of a issue in that situation. The rest has more relevance to the OPE world and the fuel used around the globe.

Last edited:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's interesting... I always thought it was due to one carb kit working for several model carbs and always used the same color what was in the carb if in the kit.

Good info Simon, thanks for sharing :)

Blue=BAD

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost always use the Teflon one and have never had a scenario where it pumped “too well”.

Anyone experienced this? If so, what were the symptoms?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's interesting... I always thought it was due to one carb kit working for several model carbs and always used the same color what was in the carb if in the kit.

Good info Simon, thanks for sharing :)

Blue=BAD
For me..Not using the same colour (blue/clear black- shiny acetate sort) had much to do with not having the option with a non OEM kit as they often do not have them . The Acetate always seemed like"Odd Stuff" to me but i wanted to know if there were reasons for the 3 sorts .

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I almost always use the Teflon one and have never had a scenario where it pumped “too well”.

Anyone experienced this? If so, what were the symptoms?
Have put a Edit on the top post, it may be relevant .