The carnage thread

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recent road trip. 10k tandem trailer. Only had about 6k on it. Noticed the curb side looked a little squatty. Pulled in for fuel and to hit it with some air. Walked around and well Houston we have a problem. Ended up fliping the hitch and adjusting the trailer toung down. Bought us 3" of extra clearance. Ended up finishing that haul on the front axle alone. Got lucky on that one.

Worst part is it's almost a new trailer. Dad bought it last july and has only put about 6-8000 mi on it.

1106191510a.jpg

Steven

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you seen the video where Stihl compares real Stihl against the chinese stuff? By their video, you have a chinese saw.
I think I know what your taking about, the handle pull test? I know the recoil handle was made in America..... lol

I think the story goes, one of his guys was bucking a log on a slope and the at the bottom of the cut the log started rolling down the hill, he was pretty lucky he didn’t get caught!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't find it on their channel, and don't want to search my viewing history, but it was a biased lab test where they treated a real Stihl and a fake to stress tests, one of which was where they used hydraulics to apply a tugging force to the handle. They stopped before the Stihl broke, but they kept going on the fake until it ripped apart. I think they also beat the brake flag with a hammer until it broke off.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, it wasn't as bad as I remembered, and they are comparing not really true copies of Stihl, so...

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
In the cut. Didnt catch there was a hairline crack in the crank throw.

Was pulling my hair out on this one. Couldnt figure out why it kept breaking ring. Thought it was the redneck looking porting someone had did and I kept trying to fix it.

Finally caught what was happening before I was putting another topend on it.

j54x.jpg j54xx.jpg j2083crank.jpg j2083crankk.jpg j2083crankout.jpg

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recent road trip. 10k tandem trailer. Only had about 6k on it. Noticed the curb side looked a little squatty. Pulled in for fuel and to hit it with some air. Walked around and well Houston we have a problem. Ended up fliping the hitch and adjusting the trailer toung down. Bought us 3" of extra clearance. Ended up finishing that haul on the front axle alone. Got lucky on that one.

Worst part is it's almost a new trailer. Dad bought it last july and has only put about 6-8000 mi on it.

View attachment 208740

Steven
Next time put a block between the good axle and frame,returns you clearance no need to adjust the hitch

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next time put a block between the good axle and frame,returns you clearance no need to adjust the hitch

That was a option. Could have chained up the rear also. Flipping the hitch and coupler took less than 5min. Went with the simplest solution at the time.

Steven

Last edited: