Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^This^^^
I don't care if it will win a race or not..

If it's grind is within 10% of the factory grind, it would be acceptable.. We're going for quantity here, not quality..

If I wanted super lightning results, I'd just send all my chains to Thomas to file...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Might be better to send it to my Grandson he needs to practice :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

Sorry Thomas.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^This^^^
I don't care if it will win a race or not..

If it's grind is within 10% of the factory grind, it would be acceptable.. We're going for quantity here, not quality..

If I wanted super lightning results, I'd just send all my chains to Thomas to file...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Damn right!!! I’m your huckleberry...

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Send me a chain, then take the time to do a thorough comparison. Then post your results.

Philbert

I don't think most of us care how a chain done by this machine will cut vs. our own hand filled chain. The benchmark would be how it cuts vs. a fresh factory chain. And really that's the only fair thing to expect out of the machine. It doesn't have to be better than factory, but it should be close. At least that's all I care about anyway.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. I hear ya. My round hand file chains always cut better than the way it comes out of the box. I use whatever angle the witness mark is. Usually 25*.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just asking. Why not compare it to a hand filed chain???
Am I missing something?

Because it's not a standard benchmark Jeff. What if I can't file anywhere near as good a philbert? Or way better? What does an auto-ground loop compared to a chain SOMEONE ELSE filed tell you?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand where you all are coming from. But my point is...
I compare this grinder to my hand file. I hand file so that is my benchmark. It's all I have ever done for 40 years. I'm just a blue collar guy. [emoji854]
So for me If I am going to buy this grinder, I would compare the chain it puts out to what I do. If the grind is close to what I do, then it may be worth it for me. It the chain does not come close to my hand file, then I will continue to hand file.
And I am just talking simple hand file using an Oregon hand guide attached to the file. Very simple. I'm a simple guy.
That's all. So I guess everyone's baseline is different.
No worries, carry on guys......

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand where you all are coming from. But my point is...
I compare this grinder to my hand file. I hand file so that is my benchmark. It's all I have ever done for 40 years. I'm just a blue collar guy. [emoji854]
So for me If I am going to buy this grinder, I would compare the chain it puts out to what I do. If the grind is close to what I do, then it may be worth it for me. It the chain does not come close to my hand file, then I will continue to hand file.
And I am just talking simple hand file using an Oregon hand guide attached to the file. Very simple. I'm a simple guy.
That's all. So I guess everyone's baseline is different.
No worries, carry on guys......

See if Phil will sharpen a chain you send him so you can compare once he has it all figured out.