TEMCo Auto Sharpener - User Review Thread

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
5:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the chain 'stopper' that sits behind the cutter holding it in place or from going backwards appears quite wide & square ended. . . . I wonder if that will get in the way when trying to grind cutters that are nearing the end of their service life.

The machine locks the chain in and the arm backs away from the tooth while it is being ground. You could grind the tooth completely off without it touching.

Check out the second photo in Post #45. The pawl on the pusher arm fully retracts behind the next cutter (assuming sharpener is correctly set up!), where it is completely out of the way.

You are correct that with some of the Tecomec style grinders you have to adjust this part to the side (right and left) when sharpening heavily worn chains.

Philbert

Last edited:

Kilowatt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not much of a review thread for something that was given for a review.
Send that thing to me, I'll put it to use.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where are we with this?
Been bitter freaking cold outside; distracts from some of these side things. Especially if you sharpen outside.

It's an evaluation; first impressions are already posted.

More later this week.

Philbert

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. Gotcha Phil. I wouldn't want to be running this outside either. LOL
More curiosity from me than anything.

Kilowatt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Just to be fair, I'm saying I was incorrectly corrected in my post above when I called it a review, just the same as you did.
Waiting for corrections to above Thread Title.
:periodico:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Just to be fair, I'm saying I was incorrectly corrected in my post above when I called it a review, just the same as you did.
We're sorry its not up to your standards & approval, your quite confident & critical for a 2 post member...

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send that thing to me, I'll put it to use.

Mods, do we need this from a FNG on the site?

@Mastermind @Jon1212

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score

@Philbert has explained to me at length via e-mail as to why he couldn't do more reviews recently. As these pertain to his private affairs I won't explain his situation, but I'd like to simply note that it has been explained to me. In addition, I think the answer he provided here is sufficiently understandable: his current weather conditions are in the negatives, and it would certainly be unfair to him to have to go outside in that just for us.

TEMCo Industrial is grateful for @Philbert 's unbiased review. So far he, and the forum, have provided us a wealth of information. We patiently wait for more of his experienced opinion.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No worries here. I think just 1 or 2 members took issue. Phil is a great member here and has respect from many including myself. More than enough time to get reviews when weather gets better. [emoji106]

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Philbert has explained to me at length via e-mail as to why he couldn't do more reviews recently. As these pertain to his private affairs I won't explain his situation, but I'd like to simply note that it has been explained to me. In addition, I think the answer he provided here is sufficiently understandable: his current weather conditions are in the negatives, and it would certainly be unfair to him to have to go outside in that just for us.

TEMCo Industrial is grateful for @Philbert 's unbiased review. So far he, and the forum, have provided us a wealth of information. We patiently wait for more of his experienced opinion.

You have the right man for the job. @Philbert is well respected here.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No secrets and no drama. Have some other things going on, and it's been too freaking cold to spend much time outside grinding.

Good news is that it works in the cold!

If folks follow the threads they get that this was not going to be a quick, courtesy review.

Hope to post some more in a few days.

Philbert